Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New Here

Well I had typed out this whole thing but then my computer crashed and I don't feel like re-typing all of it so here's the short and sweet version

I havent talked about whats happened to me or how I feel about it. I'm new to this. 

I go by PurpleBee, or Bee. I am 22, college student, and female. 

I just want to say how I feel and be listened to in a safe and understanding environment.

Thank you.

Hi and Welcome to After Silence (AS) @PurpleBee! I am sorry for what happened to you. You are not alone. We were all new here once too. You have found a safe and supportive community where you will be listened to, validated, and supported. Take your time to find your way around here and share when you feel ready. I wish you lots of courage as you walk your healing journey.  :youcanheal:

Kind regards,

AKB

Hi PurpleBee, Welcome to AS. :wave: While its is sad that you feel like you belong here, I'm hoping you will find much support and understanding while you work through what has happened to you. Its daunting being new here at first but hopefully you'll soon realise you are not alone.

Good thoughts and prayers,

Sarah 

@PurpleBee Hi I'm new here too and im sorry circumstances have happened to lead you to be here but we're all very supportive and caring here from what I've seen so far. I've had a hard time trying to deal with everything that's happened to me and I feel that this is a very safe and caring environment to be in and definitely non judgmental. We're all here to listen and support each other. Hope this site helps you in your healing process. Sending some positive vibes your way.

@PurpleBee Welcome to After Silence.  This is a safe place to express yourself and tell as much or as little of your story as you want.  I have found this site to be very helpful to me in my recovery and hope you will find what you need here to get better, too.  We're glad you found us.

Hi Bee,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you have been thru, but you will find tons of support here at AS. Sorry for the frustration of losing all you have written. I've been there too. Anyways, it did take courage to reach out. Give yourself time and look around and you will become comfortable with the site. I wish you many forward steps on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Dear @PurpleBee,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but we're a safe and supportive community always here to help each other.  Feel free to look through our forums and/or post whenever you feel comfortable.

Healing to you,

Gold Raindrops

Welcome to After Silence, Bee!! :)  

I echo everyone else who has posted before me - I am late to the party - but wanted to add that you took a HUGE step in the right direction by signing up, joining, and introducing yourself.  That's not by any means a small feat and you should be proud of yourself for having done something so courageous!  I hope that being among us brings you peace, comfort and healing.

All the best,

Capulet

Hi

I've made such good friends here. I've found help, advice and support from my and other people's posts. I also find this and easy way to say how I feel and keep a record of how I feel.

I hope we can help you reach your goals

On 2019-02-05 at 5:59 PM, PurpleBee said:

Well I had typed out this whole thing but then my computer crashed and I don't feel like re-typing all of it so here's the short and sweet version

I havent talked about whats happened to me or how I feel about it. I'm new to this. 

I go by PurpleBee, or Bee. I am 22, college student, and female. 

I just want to say how I feel and be listened to in a safe and understanding environment.

Thank you.

Hi PurpleBee! 

I have been here for about a month and can confirm this place offering a lot of support, company and new perspectives. Have a nice one! 

:hug:safe hug if it's ok. 

Hi and welcome to aftersilence, I am very sorry for the reason you have had to come here for support , no one and none of us should have had to endure trauma like that , know that we are all here for you if and when you need us 

Welcome

Hey everybody. I’ve already interacted with a couple of you but for those I haven’t interacted with I’m Val. I really love this whole idea and I’ve already gotten tremendous support and am feeling welcomed and loved by all of ya’ll so thanks for that! I was wondering if there’s any forums where survivors share things they’ve written? I write alot about what happened to me, and I’ve never shared it with anybody, but I feel like I could share in this community since its kind of anonymous.