Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A brief hello

Hi, I found After Silence yesterday from the r/rape subreddit. I have been looking for a place to share my story and ask others if what I experienced was rape or not as I am very confused myself. This site seems like a wonderful support group, and I’m looking forward to getting familiar with it. 

Hi, @smilewhenyoucan - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're feeling confused about what happened. This is definitely a good place to share your story and gain some insight if that's what you would like to do :) If you need a private response, feel free to PM me and I can read and respond to your story if that makes you more comfortable! No pressure though. You can share what you want, when you're ready to do it - there's absolutely no rush here. 

I hope that in getting familiar with the site you will feel safe and welcome here. If you run into any issues or have any questions, please feel free to holler at me! I'm sure I'll be around somewhere :) Again, welcome to AS!

Supporting you always,
Poppy

Welcome @smilewhenyoucan to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @smilewhenyoucan (I like your username)

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences you've dealt with, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. It's normal to be confused after a traumatic event. Hopefully by talking with others on this site you can begin to work through and process what happened. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. Looking forward to seeing you around the site and I'm wishing you the best. 

Welcome @smilewhenyoucan,

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but I'm glad you found us.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand.  Feel free to look around our forums and post whenever you would like.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hello, @smilewhenyoucan! I’m so sorry to hear about the confusion you’re experiencing right now, but I’m also glad that you found this place. It’s amazing and has been such a blessing to me. I only hope you find the same peace and solidarity I have here. Feel free to look around and share your story whenever you feel you’re ready. We’re all here to support you. Welcome!

Dear smilewhenyoucan

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

@smilewhenyoucan

Hi, welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what brought you here but I am glad you found us.  I have found support and friends here too.  We are here to listen to your experience and help where we can.  It's important for you to know you aren't alone.

Please be good to yourself .

16 hours ago, smilewhenyoucan said:

Hi, I found After Silence yesterday from the r/rape subreddit. I have been looking for a place to share my story and ask others if what I experienced was rape or not as I am very confused myself. This site seems like a wonderful support group, and I’m looking forward to getting familiar with it. 

Hello smilewhenyoucan,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you experienced and please know that the confusion and mixed emotions are often quite normal. We often look for the alternative explanation and how are actions/thoughts may have contributed to what we went thru. It is a very difficult thing to say the horrible words and put blame where it belongs...on the person who has hurt us.

We do have a ton of wonderfully supportive and understanding members here. I do hope that you are able to come to terms with your exact experience and are able to work thru the struggles you are facing now. Do know you are not alone. We support you as you come to understand what you went thru.

Take your time and look around. We support you as you find your path of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu: