Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Noob

Hi everyone, just joined last night. Its taken many years to come to terms with what happened to me when I was a child. I never thought it was traumatic until I realized that I was just in denial. I told my girlfriend of 4 years about my past trauma last night as well and I'm hoping talking with someone I trust and love as well as this community can help me grow. I'm not really good at being social in general (been on twitter for 10 years only tweeted once) but I'm slowly building the confidence to open up.

Here's to the start of something positive. 

Edited by Deadbolts

Hello Deadbolts.

I am pretty new to this site too, but, even in a week I have found it invaluable. I have spoken to some amazing people on here. Everyone of which has supported me and helped me.

Well done on opening up to your girlfriend, I am sure you will continue to grow.

Am sorry that you have had reason to join the community here, as you say, onwards & upwards.

You are not alone here & I wish you the best of luck in all that you do :)   

Dear deadbolts

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! :hug:

Hi, @Deadbolts - 

Welcome to AS! I understand how hard it can be to realize your trauma and the need for support. You have come to a great place to get that support! This site has been more than just a place to put my thoughts, but has built such a community of caring people around me. I know it will do the same for you. 

I'm always here should you have any questions, comments, or concerns. I'm also here if you just need someone to listen! 

Please always feel free to send me a PM if you need me :notalone:

Best wishes, 

Poppy

Edited by Poppy_

Welcome,

I too was abused as a young child and repressed it as long as I could.  Recently it is something that seems to be more on my mind.  I'm glad you found the site and that you have someone to talk to.  It isn't easy, but you are on the right path and this is a safe place with lots of support.  :hug: Safe Hugs, Heather

Hi @Deadbolts

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for all of the trauma you have experienced in your life.  You are very brave for telling your girlfriend about your story.  AS is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other and are always happy to provide you with validation and advice.  I hope you find this site as helpful as I do. 

6 hours ago, Deadbolts said:

Hi everyone, just joined last night. Its taken many years to come to terms with what happened to me when I was a child. I never thought it was traumatic until I realized that I was just in denial. I told my girlfriend of 4 years about my past trauma last night as well and I'm hoping talking with someone I trust and love as well as this community can help me grow. I'm not really good at being social in general (been on twitter for 10 years only tweeted once) but I'm slowly building the confidence to open up.

Here's to the start of something positive. 

Hi Deadbolts,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've been thru, but you will find tons of support her. Our members are understanding and kind. You have taken brave steps in these last couple days, good for you! There is no rush with the site, so look around and jump in when you are comfortable. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @Deadbolts, welcome to AS!

I am truly sorry you were hurt as a child, remembering can be painful but also healing. You are not alone with the 'denial' part, it's often how we survived. I wish you the best in healing,

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Deadbolts! 

I am so sorry you were hurt. You didn't deserve it, and I wish it had never happened to you. 

You are not alone. We are here for you. :loveas:

Hello Deadbolts, how are you? I hope you are okay. Welcome to the group.

I'm sorry you experienced abuse as a child. It was not your fault.

You were very brave to tell your girlfriend. I hope this group will be helpful for you. Go at your own pace. 

Take care. Healing is possible.