Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I joined up because I don't really have anyone in my life to talk to who's also a survivor. I was raped less than two months ago, so everything's still pretty fresh. Hoping to find a place to talk when needed and eventually get to the point that I can help others too.

3 hours ago, rebeccam said:

Hi everyone, I joined up because I don't really have anyone in my life to talk to who's also a survivor. I was raped less than two months ago, so everything's still pretty fresh. Hoping to find a place to talk when needed and eventually get to the point that I can help others too.

Hi rebeccam, welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you were raped. You will find this a safe place and you are not alone. We are here for you when you are ready to talk. :aswelcomesu:

5 hours ago, rebeccam said:

Hi rebecca,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered recently. It is not right for anyone to hurt you like this. You will find tons of support here. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

On 3/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, rebeccam said:

You are so brave for joining AS, especially so early on in your healing process. You are so strong and are not alone.

Welcome to AS, Rebecca. I am so sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad you are able to reach out so soon after. We are all here for each other. 

welcome to AS! I am so sorry That you've been raped and also so recently:( . You've found a supportive place with friendly, understanding people and there is no judgement.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  You're not alone.  @rebeccam Take your time to look around there is not hurry.  You can say as much and as little as you like.  

Edited by Painnbroken

@rebeccam

welcome to AS! I am so sorry that you've been raped and also so recently . You've found a supportive place with friendly, understanding people and there is no judgement.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  You're not alone.  Take your time to look around there is not hurry.  You can say as much and as little as you like.  

Edited by Painnbroken
On 3/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, LookingforSunshine said:

Welcome Rebecca. I'm sorry for your pain and suffering. I hope you find AS to be a safe place on your journey to healing.

Thank you!

On 3/24/2017 at 5:04 PM, patriciag said:

Hi rebeccam, welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you were raped. You will find this a safe place and you are not alone. We are here for you when you are ready to talk. :aswelcomesu:

Thank you so much — I appreciate it.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:16 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi rebecca,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you suffered recently. It is not right for anyone to hurt you like this. You will find tons of support here. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Thank you! I appreciate it.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:53 AM, ttrying said:

You are so brave for joining AS, especially so early on in your healing process. You are so strong and are not alone.

Thank you so much. I feel like I never know what to expect from one day to the next, so I'm grateful there's a place like this.

20 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

Welcome to AS, Rebecca. I am so sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad you are able to reach out so soon after. We are all here for each other. 

Thank you — some days I feel like I don't have any words, but this seemed like a good place to find help.

17 hours ago, Painnbroken said:

@rebeccam

welcome to AS! I am so sorry that you've been raped and also so recently . You've found a supportive place with friendly, understanding people and there is no judgement.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  You're not alone.  Take your time to look around there is not hurry.  You can say as much and as little as you like.  

Thank you so much — this seems like a really good place.

54 minutes ago, rebeccam said:

Thank you so much. I feel like I never know what to expect from one day to the next, so I'm grateful there's a place like this.

Completely understandable. 

7 hours ago, Katie- said:

Hi Rebecca, 

Sorry for what happened to you. I'm glad that you found AS. 

Thanks Katie, I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Gryffindor Girl said:

Hey @rebeccam

Welcome to AS. I am so so sorry you were hurt. I'm new here as well. But everyone is incredibly supportive. You are brave to be reaching out and you are not alone.  

Thank you so much -- I'm sorry about what happened to you too. This does seem like a really supportive community. 

hi @rebeccam

Your trauma is so fresh- I hope that you are getting a lot of support IRL, but also look forward to helping support you emotionally in any way possible here.

Good luck with your journey!

On 3/30/2017 at 2:47 PM, Struggling88 said:

Hi, rebeccam, and welcome!  :wave:

Thank you. :)

On 3/31/2017 at 4:21 PM, butterflydream said:

hi @rebeccam

Your trauma is so fresh- I hope that you are getting a lot of support IRL, but also look forward to helping support you emotionally in any way possible here.

Good luck with your journey!

Some days I really need that reminder that this didn't happen that long ago and I'm not necessarily going to be OK right now. Definitely getting some good support IRL, but I'm grateful for this group too. Good luck with your journey as well — I appreciate it.