Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello. Reaching out after many years...

Hello,

I am new here. I am a survivor and I have grown so much, and picked myself up. But after so many years it still pops up so much. So very much. But I'm strong and I always come out on top in the end. I am seeing a therapist (as always ;) ) but sometimes it feels like only survivors can realy understand. So I am here. I am here for wisdom, understanding and hopefully healing. I know it gets better than this. 

Much love to you all. You deserve it. We all do. :)

Hi Caligirl,

Welcome to AS.  I hope you are able to find help and healing as you continue on your journey to wholeness. 

:lindybear: 

Welcome Caligirl! I am glad you found AS. I understand that sometimes speaking to other survivors is so helpful. This community is really great for that. You are not alone here.

hi cali girl, I'm glad you found the site. I hope you find awesome support here that will help you on your continued healing process.

20 hours ago, Caligirl said:

Hello,

I am new here. I am a survivor and I have grown so much, and picked myself up. But after so many years it still pops up so much. So very much. But I'm strong and I always come out on top in the end. I am seeing a therapist (as always ;) ) but sometimes it feels like only survivors can realy understand. So I am here. I am here for wisdom, understanding and hopefully healing. I know it gets better than this. 

Much love to you all. You deserve it. We all do. :)

Hi Caligirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Unfortunately you are correct, healing does not have a normal start and end point, like most thing. Many of us go thru good and bad periods, even years later. The hope is that eventually the good will increase and the bad will decrease, and I do believe this is possible. I wish you the best for many more good days on this forward path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi CaliGirl....glad you found the sight!  Seems to me we survivors will forever carry our experience(s) with us, and they resurface at times.  Just as long as we do not allow them to take over and define who we are....

Hey Caligirl,

I am also new to AS and hope to further my healing here as well. I have been seeing a therapist for a bit now and have worked heavily on my sexual abuse, among other trauma/PTSD. It does seem never ending at times and there are many ups and downs. I feel it'll always be a part of me but I will continue to learn how to better manage it and lessen my sexual triggers. I hope you receive a wealth of support here :)