Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi SilentBird,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you went thru a trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. I can understand your hesitation, but do suggest that you look around. If you post or not, is up to you, but you will see you are not alone. I know it's not easy to face things, I denied them for longer than you can imagine, but it just wouldn't go away. There is no pressure and maybe your comfort level will improve with time. It was courageous of you to come here, and I only wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thanks Mary and I am also sorry for the trauma that brought you here.

That realization that I am far from alone, is very disconcerting. I have been looking around but it's all just a little raw for me and I'm just trying to make sure I can still breathe.

7 hours ago, reglois said:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

Thank you

4 hours ago, Struggling88 said:

Hi, SilentBird, and welcome! Safe hugs, if okay. :console::wave:

Thank you too

Hi SilentBird, 

Welcome to AS! I know how you feel and understand your hesitation towards seeking help and support.  I am 21 too and only now 10 years after my abuse I am seeking support for the first time. I am glad that you have taken this brave step which will bring you healing sooner than later. Safe hugs if ok:console:

Edited by G
13 hours ago, SilentBird said:

That realization that I am far from alone, is very disconcerting. I have been looking around but it's all just a little raw for me and I'm just trying to make sure I can still breathe.

Hi silentBird, I know it can be raw, but take your time going through things and yes it is important to breath

Patricia

8 hours ago, G said:

Hi SilentBird, 

Welcome to AS! I know how you feel and understand your hesitation towards seeking help and support.  I am 21 too and only now 10 years after my abuse I am seeking support for the first time. I am glad that you have taken this brave step which will bring you healing sooner than later. Safe hugs if ok:console:

I am so sorry for the stuff that happened to you as a child. I know how messed up that is...
Thank you for the support.

2 hours ago, patriciag said:

Hi silentBird, I know it can be raw, but take your time going through things and yes it is important to breath

Patricia

Thank you for the support.

Welcome to AS Silentbird. I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. You have found a very safe place. I hope the site supports and helps your healing as well as it has for mine. Take care.:flowers:

40 minutes ago, blondi said:

Welcome to AS Silentbird. I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. You have found a very safe place. I hope the site supports and helps your healing as well as it has for mine. Take care.:flowers:

Thank you and I am glad you found some healing here.

6 hours ago, 31416 said:

Hope you get the help and support you need from this forum. 

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, crushedflower said:

Welcome to As.

I hope that you start to feel comfortable here.

:notalone:  :supportu:

You  guys have made me feel comfortable. I'm just not sure when or if I want to start dealing with my healing. Just thinking about it makes me feel very vulnerable. I get that heebie-jeebie feeling.