Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm new

I am a CSA survivor that went on to experience multiple assaults in my adult life. I started talking about it all a few years back and have made a lot of progress in my healing, but still have a lot to work through. While I have gotten to a place where I have a lot of tools to help me through the really hard days, I realized the one thing that I've been struggling the most with lately is feeling profoundly alone; I have wonderful friends that want to be supportive, but do not fully understand the effects of such trauma. I am hoping that connecting with others that have had similar first hand experiences may bring support, comfort, and validation.

Hi @AnnieO

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I am glad that you found the site and decided to join. This is a wonderful community filled with kind and caring people. We are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes talking with other survivors can be helpful in the healing process. It can help you to feel less alone and validate some of the emotions you are experiencing. Healing takes time and is filled with ups and downs, but it helps when you have someone to talk to about it that truly understands. 

You are welcome to take your time looking around the site. When you are ready, you can post and share on the forums as much as you want. Just reading other posts is fine too. If you need any help navigating the site, don't be afraid to reach out. Wishing you all the best. 

Hi AnnieO, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all the traumatic experiences you have been thru and the struggles you face. You have found a wonderful community with many members that will support you as you work on your healing. I know it can be a bumpy road at times, but it is a bit easier when others can relate. You are not alone.

I understand how others in your life may not truly understand. It's very difficult for ourselves to understand and we are the ones that have gone thru it. I am very happy you have found us, tho, as it is a step forward to reach out. I wish you the very best as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome to AS, @AnnieO:aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for all the trauma you've experienced in your life. You didn't deserve an ounce of it. It's nice to hear though that you've made good progress in your healing...and perhaps AS will be another piece of this complicated but well worth it puzzle of healing! You'll meet a lot of really supportive people here that can relate so that you're not alone. I wish you all the best. ❤️ 

-Finch

Dear annie

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

15 hours ago, AnnieO said:

I have wonderful friends that want to be supportive, but do not fully understand the effects of such trauma. I am hoping that connecting with others that have had similar first hand experiences may bring support, comfort, and validation.

Welcome. I'm glad you're here, and I hope this forum provides solace.  I'm proud of you for recognizing your complex needs.

I have personally found a safety and anchor here that has been unavailable in any other part of my life. Not even with my therapist. I have discovered that I can come here in my darkest moments, and no one here will ever reinforce my shame, or make me justify my choices. It's been precious to have a place to say my nightmares out loud, and have my pain acknowledged in a world that wants to say it isn't real or that I can "choose" my way out of it. I have been able to step away for months while I have been in avoidance, and know that it is still safe to return for support if I go into crisis, and find many of the same friends, and grieve together. As I transition into recovery, and find a balance between avoidance and flashbacks, I believe this will continue to be a stable, supportive environment where my challenges can be understood, my triumphs celebrated, and helped to get back up when my face is in the mud.  

Anyhow, I just want to say that you're beautiful and brave and wise and strong. Thank you for being who you are.

Hello @AnnieO and welcome to After Silence! You can call me Wanna :flowers: 

I am sincerely sorry for what happened to you and your trauma. Please know that none of it was your fault, and we believe you! 

Family and friends can be a wonderful support by showing sympathy, but I believe a survivor also needs that kind of empathy a community can offer. This is a safe place to share, relate and get support. You can talk about anything you'd like here, including everyday subjects and just plain life. 

I hope you'll let us know if there is anything we can do for you, us staff always has doors open.  :notalone:

Wishing the very best upon your healing

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @AnnieO to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I have a similar experience and am struggling with the same feelings as you. You aren't alone! I hope you find the support that you need here. If you ever need to talk or vent you can always message me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here as well for the same reasons. Being able to talk to other people who understands your struggles has already helped me so much. I'm sorry for what you went through but I hope connecting with people here helps ♡♡♡