Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here -- Hoping to heal

Hi everyone,

I am new here and hoping to finally find a way to heal. What happened to me was 15 years ago, but I made the mistake of not dealing with the emotions when it happened. I've thought about it alot over the years but recently, it's really came back full force to bother me. I'm having major PTSD symptoms and am struggling to feel any sense of normalcy. Hoping to find others out there like me, who were raped a long time ago but are still dealing with the pain and effects many years later...

Welcome to AS! I'm so sorry for what you've been through but you found a terrific place to heal. There are a ton of amazing people on here who have already helped me through a bit. It's only been a few years since my sh*t started so I dont know what it's like to have so much time affected by it. I wish I could help, but I know you'll find it here 

hi heavenly

I  was raped in the 80's and did not tell anyone at the time had diagnosis of ptsd years later

I think sharing just the fact that it happened is brave and beneficial.

You did not make mistake in not dealing with it at time

You did the best you could at the time and be kind to yourself .

for me it happened again  once in 2015, the police are aware and dealing with him. different perpetrators

This time shouting from the rooftops and not silent.

counselling and talking helps so much and  knowing not alone

oceonwaves

2 hours ago, Heavenly4505 said:

Hi everyone,

I am new here and hoping to finally find a way to heal. What happened to me was 15 years ago, but I made the mistake of not dealing with the emotions when it happened. I've thought about it alot over the years but recently, it's really came back full force to bother me. I'm having major PTSD symptoms and am struggling to feel any sense of normalcy. Hoping to find others out there like me, who were raped a long time ago but are still dealing with the pain and effects many years later...

Hi Heavenly, welcome to AS, I am sorry about what happened to you 15 years ago. Like @oceonwaves said it is never too late to deal with things. I am sorry about having PTSD, I know it is hard on you. We are here for you as you heal.:aswelcomesu:

Hi Heavenly,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you experienced 15 years ago. It wasn't right and it wasn't fair. I understand not dealing with emotions or struggles, even tho they took center stage in my life, as hard as I tried to deny it. For me it was 30 years. But Patricia is right, it is never too late. I wish you the very best as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

@Heavenly4505

Welcome to AS!  I am so sorry for what happened to you 15 yrs ago.  Totally understandable about not dealing with emotions, happens to many of us.  I'm sorry you're deal with PTSD, I do suffer from it myself.  Please know you're in a very safe please.  Good luck with you healing journey! :flowers:

Welcome to AS Heavenly! I think you have come to the right place to start on your journey to heal. I wish you well.