Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm brand new here...

Hi Jennmatters, Welcome. You've come to a safe place. I'm sorry you're dealing with severe PTSD. You did good in your first post. Feel free to share as much or as little as makes you comfortable. Juniperberrry

Hi :) Welcome! I've only been here a few days, but I've found that this is a great community of really nice people who get what I'm going through. There's no one right way to do this--you did just fine.

:notalone:  :aswelcomesu:

Hello....thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your advice. I am a survivor of childhood abuse and went into foster care at age 13. Then I was in a very abusive marriage for 9 years. I am here looking for advice on how to cope with PTSD and flashbacks.

Hi Jenn, welcome to AS, I am sorry for the  trauma that brought you here. You did good it is hard to take that first step, you are not alone here. Take your time going over the site. There are many people who are here to help you.:aswelcomesu:

35 minutes ago, Jennmatters2016 said:

Hello...I am brand new here. I suffer from very severe PTSD. I'm not sure how to introduce myself or post here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Looks like you just introduced yourself and posted just grand :D Welcome :)

55 minutes ago, Jennmatters2016 said:

Hello...I am brand new here. I suffer from very severe PTSD. I'm not sure how to introduce myself or post here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Jenn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but you have found a supportive site with many understanding and kind members. It can be a little overwhelming at first, but remember...we have all been new, so we understand. Take your time and look around and take it at your own pace. I am glad you have found us and have taken that first step to reach out. I wish you the very best as you continue down your healing path.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Brand new here myself. Am trying to heal after being at this for about 45 years. This time seems different. Tears have come and they show no signs of abating. I've given up on tissue with lotion and just cry into a towel now, easier. Wracked by sobs, crying a depth I've never known. Yet feels like release, not depressing.

1 hour ago, Zappafan said:

Brand new here myself. Am trying to heal after being at this for about 45 years. This time seems different. Tears have come and they show no signs of abating. I've given up on tissue with lotion and just cry into a towel now, easier. Wracked by sobs, crying a depth I've never known. Yet feels like release, not depressing.

Welcome also to you Zappafan. I am glad you are releasing some of that pain after all that time. I know what you mean by release not depression. Be gentle with yourself.

Welcome!!!  im sorry for what your dealing with me.   I too have severe PTSD and I also suffer from flashbacks and nightmares.  I take one day at a time right now and try not to get overwhelmed. I know easier said than done.  If you ever want to talk you're more than welcome to PM anytime.  Good luck on your safe journey here.  You will find that AS is a very safe and understand place to be.  Take care 

Dee

7 hours ago, Jennmatters2016 said:

Does anyone else suffer from flashbacks and nightmares that are so terrifying you feel as though you cannot breathe? I have had a few today...

Welcome to AS Jennmatters. Yes others suffer from flashbacks here.  Its a terrific group of understanding people who support each other. I am so sorry that you have been through this ordeal.  You can heal and you have support! Please be kind and gentle to yourself as you work through these things.