Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am constantly looking for places that provide support because I deal with Complex-PTSD. All of you that struggle with this will know all too well what it is like. I have been recently going on about my second month on therapy. The last time I saw a therapist is when I was 16 and she was not any help. She told everything that I would share with her so I never spoke with her again. A big portion of my life and yes while growing up from a toddler until I reach my early teens. In my teens I started to get more vocal so my abuser decided to discard me. Anywho Ill share more on this later on. 

I am 34 years old, I live in Texas and have been here for 16 years. I originated in Texarkana, TX. I was adopted by my mom's brother and his wife. They both had 2 boys but was not biologically my uncles children. I didnt get to know much about the place where I was born only because at the age of 4 we all moved to Louisiana. I grew up there until I turned 13 and then I was given the decision to go back to my biological mother. I never saw any of them again. The story of course goes alot deeper than that and I will be writing more on the subject here. It doesnt hurt anymore to talk about my past but my emotion does like to wonder a bit. This is all Ill begin with here thank you for accepting me. Happy recovery everyone. I plan to rise as high as I can and be better than ever.

Love Jean 

Notice: Most pictures that I show is my own original work. I  am a photographer only as a hobby for now. 

boat 1.jpg

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  I love the photo you posted.

Hello, @AWillingVessel! Welcome to our community. I am sorry for the pain that brought you here, but I am glad that you can now benefit from some much needed and desired support. You are not alone, and none of the abuse you endured is your fault. We are all here for you. Please share whatever you feel comfortable sharing whenever you feel willing and able to share it. If you ever want someone to talk to, my inbox is open. Please take care of yourself and remember that you can and will heal. Sending you lots of warm, safe hugs, if you like. :throb:

Welcome to After Silence!  It’s a caring and friendly place, and I am glad you are reaching out to others who understand the kinds of struggles you face, as you reach for further healing.  Your photograph is beautiful.  

Hi WillingVessel/Jean,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have endured and the struggles you still face. It is never fair for someone to go thru trauma. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. Take your time to look around and when you are ready, feel free to jump in. I am glad you have found our little community and decided to join. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

8 hours ago, AWillingVessel said:

I am constantly looking for places that provide support because I deal with Complex-PTSD. All of you that struggle with this will know all too well what it is like. I have been recently going on about my second month on therapy. The last time I saw a therapist is when I was 16 and she was not any help. She told everything that I would share with her so I never spoke with her again. A big portion of my life and yes while growing up from a toddler until I reach my early teens. In my teens I started to get more vocal so my abuser decided to discard me. Anywho Ill share more on this later on. 

I am 34 years old, I live in Texas and have been here for 16 years. I originated in Texarkana, TX. I was adopted by my mom's brother and his wife. They both had 2 boys but was not biologically my uncles children. I didnt get to know much about the place where I was born only because at the age of 4 we all moved to Louisiana. I grew up there until I turned 13 and then I was given the decision to go back to my biological mother. I never saw any of them again. The story of course goes alot deeper than that and I will be writing more on the subject here. It doesnt hurt anymore to talk about my past but my emotion does like to wonder a bit. This is all Ill begin with here thank you for accepting me. Happy recovery everyone. I plan to rise as high as I can and be better than ever.

Love Jean 

Notice: Most pictures that I show is my own original work. I  am a photographer only as a hobby for now. 

boat 1.jpg

Dear  jean

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Dear @AWillingVessel,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here, but I can assure you you've found a kind community full of supportive people.  There are many people here who understand PTSD and C-PTSD and we have several threads dedicated to it.  I encourage you to look around and post when you feel comfortable.

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Thank you everyone, I am glad to have found this place too. Thank you for the kind words and the encouragement. For me to allow anyone to understand my story I write most of it in poetry so Ill share those too. Im taking a writers class to help me polish my writing skills. Maybe writing here can help me put this book together. Thank you hugs.

sunset2.jpg

Beautiful photography! I'm new here but am so encouraged by all the people here who've had horrible things happen to them, but don't let it define them. I think people who search for help regarding their trauma are determined to not let it rule their life, so good for you for being here! You are among friends