Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and trying to learn how to use this..

Hey guys I'm new here. I've never used a forum like this before, but I've been trying to find new ways to help myself out through the healing process. I'm hoping to connect with others and find a helpful support system because sharing online is easier than in person. I have some questions though... How do I "join" the female survivors section that requires a password? And is there any LGBT part of this forum? I'm gay and am hoping to connect with other members of the community that have had similar experiences as me.

Hello,

Welcome to After Silence!!! :)  I'm sorry for the trauma that has inspired you to seek us out, but am glad you are here and am hoping you find the support you need and deserve.  Thankfully, AS is a very user-friendly site and I think you'll find your way around in no time.  You are right, sometimes it is MUCH easier online than it is in person.  Take your time looking around and jump in whenever you are ready.

I will send you a private message containing the password to both the females-only forum as well as the password and link to our LGBT forum.

Welcome to After Silence. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet 

Dear @searchingformore,

I am sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but you have found a kind and supportive community.  Take your time reading the different types of forums we have here and feel free to post when ready.  

Best wishes to you,

Gold Raindrops

1 hour ago, searchingformore said:

Hey guys I'm new here. I've never used a forum like this before, but I've been trying to find new ways to help myself out through the healing process. I'm hoping to connect with others and find a helpful support system because sharing online is easier than in person. I have some questions though... How do I "join" the female survivors section that requires a password? And is there any LGBT part of this forum? I'm gay and am hoping to connect with other members of the community that have had similar experiences as me.

Hi searchingformore,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have reasons for being here, but you will certainly find the support your are hoping for here. Our members are understanding and kind. I am glad you are reaching out and trying something new. Take your time and I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: