Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Feel So Hollow

Hollow19

Hi everyone. I just heard about this site through someone I was chatting with online. I feel very lost and alone these days. I used to be so happy and bubbly, always outside and now I just stay inside all the time. I go to school and work like a robot, just going through the motions. Like I don’t even know who I am anymore. I’ve been reading the forums and I’m so sad that there are SO many others who have been through this. Anyhow that’s all for now. Hopefully will open up more as I feel more comfortable.

Hello, @Hollow19. I am so sorry for what has brought you here. I am glad that the person you were chatting with suggested AS to you. One of the things I have come to realize from being here is that I am not as alone or abnormal as I had felt. I hope that will ring true for you too as you get to know us. :blush: Going through the motions can feel so draining ... but it is sometimes what we need to do ... to keep moving. No one will rush you into sharing here, so feel free to post as you feel comfortable.

Hi @Hollow19, Welcome to AS!

I am sorry you are feeling so lost and like you are just going through the motions. It is really sad that there are so many of us, but at least here we have each other, and a place where we can be heard, validated, believed and supported.  Please take your time as you find your way around here and I wish you all the best in your healing,

g

6 hours ago, Hollow19 said:

Hi everyone. I just heard about this site through someone I was chatting with online. I feel very lost and alone these days. I used to be so happy and bubbly, always outside and now I just stay inside all the time. I go to school and work like a robot, just going through the motions. Like I don’t even know who I am anymore. I’ve been reading the forums and I’m so sad that there are SO many others who have been through this. Anyhow that’s all for now. Hopefully will open up more as I feel more comfortable.

Hi Hollow,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced. It is never right for someone to hurt another this way. I do think trauma changes us, but it is something we can work on and to find a way to heal. It is very sad, as you've noticed, that there are many of us. What is good tho, as we all have found this place and can support and encourage each other on this journey. I wish you nothing but the best as you begin this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi @Hollow19 and welcome to AS. Im sorry you have a reason to be here. I agree with you I was shocked by the amount of people too it almost made me feel more alone and I had a hard time thinking it was gonna be ok here but I was welcomed by so many warm and caring people. It took me a while to really feel at peace with being here but I am thankful everyday for those who have helped me along the way. You will fit right in here in no time. Looking forward to seeing you grow and heal.

BraveOne

Hi @Hollow19,

So sorry for the trauma that brought you to us, but I can assure you that many people here understand and have compassionate for what you are going through.  We are all here to help each other.  Take your time exploring the forums and posting as you feel comfortable. :)

Gold Raindrops