Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Hello, I'm pretty rusty with stuff like this, forums in particular I mean. I signed up thinking it could help me learn about other's experiences and that maybe I could start to understand my own through that.

I'm not able to think anything too interesting about myself to share, I enjoy music and I'm slowly teaching myself to play. Fashion is fun too, it's one of the few things I can say I have real passion for.

Regardless of how I continue, thank you to everyone and I hope all goes well for the future for all of you. =)

Hi Lost,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons that have brought you here, but you will find tons of support. Are members are kind and understanding. You are not alone. It takes courage to reach out to others, so I do acknowledge that. Take your time and the rust will soon begin to fade away. I wish you the very best as you continue this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

6 hours ago, lostinthe said:

Hello, I'm pretty rusty with stuff like this, forums in particular I mean. I signed up thinking it could help me learn about other's experiences and that maybe I could start to understand my own through that.

I'm not able to think anything too interesting about myself to share, I enjoy music and I'm slowly teaching myself to play. Fashion is fun too, it's one of the few things I can say I have real passion for.

Regardless of how I continue, thank you to everyone and I hope all goes well for the future for all of you. =)

Hello and welcome to AS @lostinthe :) I hear you; getting started on joining a forum can be daunting at times. You're in the right place for what you're seeking. I'm a big music lover, too. We've got some pretty creative folks here. 

I support you on your way to healing. It can be a rough road, for sure, and for many, having a good support system/network has been helpful. You're not alone :aswelcomesu:

Hi @lostinthe welcome to AS. Big step joining a forum, but you have found a great one full of kind and supportive people. Sorry for the reasons that brought you here and I hope that you find the answers your looking for here. 

Hi @lostinthe

Welcome to AS! I hope it can be a place for you to understand more about your experience. Please know that you are not alone in trying to come to grips with the trauma you have gone through,  there will be others here who can relate to your feelings and issues. However you choose to participate is up to you, take your time getting to know this place and be good to yourself.

Hello lost,

Welcome to AS!  Take your time and look around say as much or as little as you like.  You’re not alone here.  You’ve found a supportive and safe place.  Many people here can relate in their own way.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB