Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm Not Really New Here

rain

Hi :)

I'm not really new seeing as I joined in 2005, but I've barely posted here since then. I tend to read a little and feel I relate to people too much which scares me and I run away for a few months and avoid coming back.

But recently in therapy it seems harder and harder to ignore these things.

I was abused throughout my childhood, and I hate so much to write that.

The memories seem like they come and go in cycles, and the past few weeks they've been worse again.

I've struggled with anorexia, self-harm and OCD in the past and overdosed a couple of months ago for the second time even though I think of myself as 'recovered' in many ways (I think I'm in denial a lot :P)

It's amazing to relate to people so much here, I've posted on other forums in the past but it seems like here could be really helpful to me right now.

I'm dealing a lot with split emotions, split parts of myself and internal arguments, and I hope there are people here who understand that.

I live for taking photos and playing with my hamster.

I have to apologize that my concentration span and memory are really poor, so I'm not so good at reading the long posts, but I reply to threads when I think I can be helpful :)

Thanks for reading

:flowers:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome back to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Welcome back to AS. :)