Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Six Years Silent

Hi.

Comming in here I had a million things to say but now that I'm here...

I guess I'll start by kinda saying why I'm here. When I was 16 I had the world at my fingertips. I was popular. Had tons of friends. Was really close with my family. Was in every school club, an officer in most. Went to church and/or bible study everyday. But then it happend.

Honestly I don't know if I even really belong in here. It has been 6 years and I am just starting to remember. After it happened I just convinced myself it was no big deal. You know "it happens to lots of girls" so what made me so special? Looking back I realize that that moment changed me more than i realized. Now I maybe have 2 or 3 good friends. I have gone through the last 6 years doing things that I knew where wrong but thought, "what's the worst that could happen?"

There are lots of things I don't remember about that night. Or rather there are lots of things I don't want to remember and those are the parts that I can never get out of my head. It's taken me so long to even admit to myself what hppened.

Thank you for listening for my rambles.

I can understand how hard it is to admit it to yourself that you were assaulted, you are not alone with this. Take your time as your memories come flooding back and feel free to lean into us as much as you need to. We all understand and can relate to how you must be feeling. :console:

Make yourself at home and welcome to AS hun. :bighug:

Donna =)

Welcome to the site.... :hi:

It took me many years to admit what I went through was indeed traumatic, I had to tell myself over and over again that i wasn't my fault, i didn't deserve what happened to me.

I've since recovered, even though I do suffer from the odd body memory (flashback) and triggers, but I am no longer stuck in the horrible past....

Hang in there, it may have taken 6 yrs, but you are facing it now, and that is fantastic...

PM me any time... :hug:

Do you know, the things that we need to say to ourselves are generally much more profound and important than anything we need to say to others. In coming here you are in a sense connecting with yourself, being kind to yourself, listening to yourself... This is a real starting point. You have every right to be here!!

Brian

Welcome to After Silence!!!!

I know you're in the right place and i hope you stick around for us to get to know you better. again welcome!

God bless,

Kristine

:hug::tealribbon:

Welcome! Welcome! We keep so much inside, don't we? I agree with Brian that this website is in a sense like connecting to ourselves -- we are the only ones who understand. I have only been here a short time but already feel so welcome and on my way to healing in a way that I never thought possible.

hey hun, welcome to the site. I hope you find it very helpful and supportive. I look forward to getting to know ya better. take good gentle care of yourself,

xxx sonnet xxx