Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing Annaleisebeck

Hello everyone. Obviously, I've just joined this forum :hi: . I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I'm 19 and in my second year of college, and I've been in therapy for...forever (three years with my current therapist).

I'm in a weird situation right now. I'm not able to see my therapist as much as I need, and not really able to go "home" because I've for the most part been severed from my family. I have just finally come to a point where I'm willing to consider talking specifics. Through all the therapy I've had, I've never told anyone what happened and have limited my explainations of how it made/makes me feel. So, I'm kindof in limbo, considering my options.

The other night I sat down and told my fiancee everything...everything I remembered, everything I feel, just everything. (I made him say most of it actually, because I just can't do it). He commited to helping me get through it, and suggested I start with an online community...which is why I'm here.

I'm looking forward to this experience. :)

Hi and welcome to the group..

"I'm in a weird situation right now. I'm not able to see my therapist as much as I need, and not really able to go "home" because I've for the most part been severed from my family."

So your feeling a little isolated right now :o(

"I have just finally come to a point where I'm willing to consider talking specifics. Through all the therapy I've had, I've never told anyone what happened and have limited my explainations of how it made/makes me feel. So, I'm kind of in limbo, considering my options."

It must have been so very difficult carrying all of this around within you for so long :o(

"The other night I sat down and told my fiancee everything...everything I remembered, everything I feel, just everything. (I made him say most of it actually, because I just can't do it)."

Maybe because in telling you go against the very way you have learned to be over such a long time. I feel sure that so many survivors here can associate with the way you must have felt in these moments :o( But you have done it now, you have dared to face this, I hope you know how brave you have been in doing so..maybe another next step is being so open with your therapist too ?

"He commited to helping me get through it, and suggested I start with an online community...which is why I'm here."

Sounds like you have found someone who loves you very much, he/she also sounds very wise. And once again you have dared to take the step and now find yourself here (very brave again). There is no judgement here and plenty of willing ears when you need them and I so hope that you find this.

"I'm looking forward to this experience. :)"

I hope it brings that which you seek and welcome again

Brian

Hello everyone. Obviously, I've just joined this forum :hi: . I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I'm 19 and in my second year of college, and I've been in therapy for...forever (three years with my current therapist).

I'm in a weird situation right now. I'm not able to see my therapist as much as I need, and not really able to go "home" because I've for the most part been severed from my family. I have just finally come to a point where I'm willing to consider talking specifics. Through all the therapy I've had, I've never told anyone what happened and have limited my explainations of how it made/makes me feel. So, I'm kindof in limbo, considering my options.

The other night I sat down and told my fiancee everything...everything I remembered, everything I feel, just everything. (I made him say most of it actually, because I just can't do it). He commited to helping me get through it, and suggested I start with an online community...which is why I'm here.

I'm looking forward to this experience. :)

Welcome.

It is great that you have a boyfriend who is understanding and is there for you....kudos to him, a lot of men just dont get it.

Kudos to you for working up to talking to him and to being here....

Sara

Welcome to After Silence!!!!!

You'll be very happy you desided to come here and we are glad you did too!

God bless,

Kristine :tealribbon:

:hug::hug: