Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am a 44 year old married mother of 2. I was encouraged to join by my therapist. I feel awkward and slightly alone from my past traumas. Maybe this will help?

Hello Becky! :wave:

Welcome to After Silence!!!  I am glad your therapist referred you so you found us but I'm sorry for the traumas that brought you to our community.  I hope that being on the site will help you feel a little less awkward and alone and that it will feel like AS is supporting you every step of the way as you make your journey through life as a survivor.

Please know that the NewbieSupportTeam (NST) is here to assist you if you have any questions about finding your way around or with anything in general.  Please feel free to contact myself or any of the NST by PM and we will try to help as best as we can!

Strength to you,

ActivistAlly

Thank you. I appreciate the words of encouragement. I try not to let my past traumas dictate my life but I also fell they helped to form who I am and I am okay with me. Does that make any since?

hi @Becky3 welcome to this safe place.  About your question.  I think overcoming difficulties can always be looked upon as something positive in our lives.  Though I don't think these particular ones are necessary for us to become the people we are.  We are the people we are in spite of where we come from.  Just my take on it. 

Hi Becky, 

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the past trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone. This site has helped me so much on my healing journey and I hope that it will do the same for you. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Wishing you all the best. 

Hi Becky and welcome.

I am very sorry for the reasons why you are here, but happy you were encouraged to reach out and found the courage to do so. It's not always easy to do so. 

There is only support and kindness here. I hope in time you will feel less alone. 

Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this continuing journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

4 hours ago, Becky3 said:

Thank you. I appreciate the words of encouragement. I try not to let my past traumas dictate my life but I also fell they helped to form who I am and I am okay with me. Does that make any since?

Yes it does make sense and it's perfectly valid for you to feel that way.  I am glad you are okay with who you are!!!

12 hours ago, Becky3 said:

I am a 44 year old married mother of 2. I was encouraged to join by my therapist. I feel awkward and slightly alone from my past traumas. Maybe this will help?

Hello Becky3, and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

It's completely normal to feel isolated by trauma, and we may think that nobody could relate to the bizarre and hurtful memories. We all carry a unique story, but as survivors, we can relate to each other. AS is a safe place for you to find support and advice, and offer some of your own too. You decide what to share, and how often you come here. Please know we believe you, and that you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. 

We have many parents at this forum. If you'd like to discuss parenting while healing, we have a Pregnancy and Parenting forum. 

Please let me or any staff member of choice know if you'd need assistance, have questions, or want a chat/vent. I am just one PM away :youcanheal:

All best

W ☀️

Dear  Becky 

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.