Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Sister.L

Hello everyone 👋

I've just joined and hope to find a safe space of mutual support. I've been in trauma counselling for around 2 years now and in some ways, still feel I'm at the beginning but in others I feel I have learned a lot about myself 😊

My counsellor is an absolute rock.

And I'll leave it there for now.

Thanks for reading 👍

Hello Sister :wave:

I'm sorry that you've been through trauma to bring you here but I'm glad you found After Silence for support in the aftermath of what happened.  I hope the site will be of value to you and give you some of the kind and compassionate support you deserve as you make your journey to healing.  I'm glad you've got a good counselor to help you along the way and that you've reached out here for support!

ActivistAlly

1 hour ago, Sister.L said:

Hello everyone 👋

I've just joined and hope to find a safe space of mutual support. I've been in trauma counselling for around 2 years now and in some ways, still feel I'm at the beginning but in others I feel I have learned a lot about myself 😊

My counsellor is an absolute rock.

And I'll leave it there for now.

Thanks for reading 👍

Hello Sister.L and welcome to our community! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am so happy you're investing in yourself with therapy and that you've decided to join in here. Yes, healing can indeed be an uneven experience. You think you have it figured out, and then something new happens. I do however believe that you can reach a point of the good days outnumbering the bad ones. 

After Silence was made by survivors for survivors, to give everyone a chance to find support, relate and in other ways use to platform to feel less alone. You share at your own pace, no expectations. Aside from trauma related subjects, we discuss day to day life, what makes us happy, hobbies, news that caught our attention and much more. 

Take your time to figure the site out, and feel free to contact me or any staff member by choice. We are here if you'd need some assistance, extra support or a chat. Just one PM away :notalone:

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

Hi Sister.L,

Welcome to the community! I am very sorry for what you've endured, but glad you decided to reach out. There are many supportive and understanding people here...you are not alone.

I am happy you have such a reliable and helpful counsellor to help you process all you've been thru. This place is also a good place to interact with others in a safe and healing environment. As Wanna has said, take your time and know we each have our own pace. 

Wishing you the best, as you continue to move forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

A big welcome to you, @Sister.L, to AS.  So proud of you for taking the steps to be here and to join in our community healing efforts.  One step at a time, one day at a time.  We’ll all get there. :) 

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,

- Cap

Dear  sister

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.