Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

AS needs your feedback!

Hello, AS Community Members!!!

Once our license renewed in a few days, we are going to begin to explore some new features for After Silence, so that we can continue to evolve as a place of healing and support for survivors all over the world.

We'd like to know what kind of new features that you, our community members, would like to see us offer.  Perhaps you've seen fun/interesting features on other survivor sites that you'd like to see us bring to AS.  Or maybe you have some ideas that haven't been thought of before?  We may also have existing features that can be tweaked or improved - tell us what's on your mind?

Let's all put our thinking caps on and see if we can bring some exciting new changes to our community!  :) 

Please note:  Sadly, a chat room is not a feature that we are in a financial position to consider bringing back at this time. This may change in the future but for now, this is non-negotiable.

I would like to be able to use pictures on my signature, also, so far the formatting seems perfectly fine imo but an easier way to see "latest posts" that make it more obvious who posted last and it directing to the last post of a thread instead of just the first one would be nice

I would love a forum for disabled survivors under Survivor Connections.  You were nice enough to make this thread for me and others it applies to:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/topic/135180-disabled-survivors-discussion-board/

While I do appreciate the thread, it isn’t very active.  I think the reason for this is because people just directly click on the link for the Survivor Connections forum they are looking for.  I think we could help more people to have a whole subforum for it.  Also people could make threads about their specific disability/disabilities if they want to try to find people that can relate to them better.

I second the request for a sub form for disabled survivors as I think there may be relevant conversations to be had. 

Is there a way for the security to be tweaked a bit in that...non-members cannot view members' profiles? I noticed that when I'm not logged in, I can still view people's profiles. That puts me on edge. 😕 

6 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Is there a way for the security to be tweaked a bit in that...non-members cannot view members' profiles? I noticed that when I'm not logged in, I can still view people's profiles. That puts me on edge. 😕 

On the same line as this can the blog posts and status updates be made not public.  I feel like I would be more like.y to use both features if they were behind the member wall

On 6/5/2022 at 7:35 AM, Six_times_seven said:

On the same line as this can the blog posts and status updates be made not public.  I feel like I would be more like.y to use both features if they were behind the member wall

I’ve been wishing that a long time…or for blogs to even have the option if one wants to display it public or private. Would be good modification

On 6/5/2022 at 1:32 AM, mini.finch said:

This too. They can’t view much, but even a little is uneasy.

Edited by MeBeMary

Speaking of private vs public, maybe add to the private list: Public: Very Good Year? 
Even tho it says public, I think some members don’t realize it. Saying 5 things to your abuser is pretty popular and it’s public for all to see. 
Also revamping it some might be nice, with actually having some posts newer than 2011? LOL. I’m sure there are some more recent posts that would fit nicely in there, too.

Edited by MeBeMary

This is just a wording issue… but could we get rid of all the words “New” that show up when hit Forums… that are shown for Gathering place, Aftermath, etc.  I find them confusing…

and perhaps separate Public and Private areas… by putting all the Public areas under one heading… 

and maybe consider decreasing the number of areas that are available to nonmembers….

Edited by feralcat

@orangegiraffe I used to have the same issue, (I get your frustration!) but it works for me now. I wish I could remember the remedy… Could it be when I switched from Safari to DuckDuckGo and Chrome as my browsers…? Maybe someone else knows this answer….

On 6/13/2022 at 11:19 AM, feralcat said:

@orangegiraffe I used to have the same issue, (I get your frustration!) but it works for me now. I wish I could remember the remedy… Could it be when I switched from Safari to DuckDuckGo and Chrome as my browsers…? Maybe someone else knows this answer….

@feralcat I use Firefox. not heard of DuckDuckGo, and I had to delete chrome as it was using too much storage :(. I do have chrome on my phone, so will try that..

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, mini.finch said:

All I ask is for the gender option to be more expansive...like having a nonbinary option. If that's a thing, that would be so great! :bow:

I just realized...I helped solve my own request. :P 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:06 AM, mini.finch said:

I just realized...I helped solve my own request. :P 

Wahoo, go buddy! :clap:

I only just came across this thread (a month later) but reading through the suggestions, I wondered if in addition to the subforum for survivors with disabilities, it might be an option to have one for BIPOC survivors too. I'm white myself, but I've noticed one or two members raising issues related to race recently and it struck me how rarely this comes up on the forum. It must be a factor in so many people's experience of abuse and recovery, so I wonder if a dedicated space (free of white folk!) would make more people feel safe to discuss this. I'm probably way too late adding this now but thought I'd put it out there for future updates!

7 hours ago, Pink Sky said:

Wahoo, go buddy! :clap:

I only just came across this thread (a month later) but reading through the suggestions, I wondered if in addition to the subforum for survivors with disabilities, it might be an option to have one for BIPOC survivors too. I'm white myself, but I've noticed one or two members raising issues related to race recently and it struck me how rarely this comes up on the forum. It must be a factor in so many people's experience of abuse and recovery, so I wonder if a dedicated space (free of white folk!) would make more people feel safe to discuss this. I'm probably way too late adding this now but thought I'd put it out there for future updates!

Thank you, buddy!! 😄❤️ 

I think that's a really good idea! We'll see what we can do. :)