Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all, looking for friends

Pencil

Hello everyone,

This is a very odd sensation: I feel like I'm 13 again, writing a blog on the family computer as the summer holidays drag into boredom. Different times now though, aren't they? So hi, I'm Pencil. My therapist said it would be a good idea to find a support group so here I am:) Really, I just want to hang out, chill, make friends, exchange recipes or whatever it is people do here. My dog is sleeping by my side and would probably want to wish you all soft dreams filled with treats and good runs in the forest. So consider yourselves by a very cute doggo.

Happy evening and may you listen to good songs this upcoming!

Pencil

He Pencil,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you've been thru, but glad you have found us. It was undeserved, what you went thru, but you will find tons of support from our understanding and community. You are not alone. 

Feel free to look around and interact where comfortable. What you share is only what you feel comfortable with, no pressure. I am glad you T recommended finding a community like ours and you decided to join. Wishing you well as you move forward on the path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi Pencil!  Welcome!  My dog is sleeping right in back of me as I'm typing this, so I have to be careful not to trip over her.  Lol.  She has absolutely been my best therapist, always listening, never judging, and always ready for a long walk on the trails.  I am in search of good music to listen to.  I have gone through periods of listening to jazz, classical, classic rock, and other genres, but can't seem to find one that I enjoy listening to for more than a short time.  What music do you like?

11 minutes ago, Raven0116 said:

Hi Pencil!  Welcome!  My dog is sleeping right in back of me as I'm typing this, so I have to be careful not to trip over her.  Lol.  She has absolutely been my best therapist, always listening, never judging, and always ready for a long walk on the trails.  I am in search of good music to listen to.  I have gone through periods of listening to jazz, classical, classic rock, and other genres, but can't seem to find one that I enjoy listening to for more than a short time.  What music do you like?

Thank you so much for your message. It made me smile imagining your dog snoozing. I also have to be careful typing because occasionally my dog feels I stay up too late and gives me a very big sassy sigh haha

I really like the classics: queen, elton john, some of the beatles, chopin, vivaldi. But also some of the old school rap hits just right when I'm in the right mood. BUT having said that, there's a special spot in my heart for Stevie Wonder, Gilberto Gil, Youssou N'Dour, Angele, Grand Corps Malade, and Charles Aznavour. Of course there's so much to listen to that I've definitely forgotten some! I do love Jazz too but I think I've grown out of it a bit, maybe I just need to finally be able to go to a jazz festival again and experience the unique way jazz vibrates in the summer air!

Hi Pencil, 

You have found a wonderful community filled with kind and caring individuals. We are all here to support each other. You will find discussion boards on all sorts of topics here. From heavy topics to lighthearted fun. You have also joined at a good time since we have a lot of fun holiday programming going on. Take some time to look around the forums and then jump in whenever you feel comfortable. 

Please tell your dog I said Hi! I also have a dog. He's a chihuahua mix named Frankie! 

Welcome to AS, Pencil! I'm glad that you made your way here. It's great that your T suggested a community like this. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. :) You're not alone. I'm sorry for what you've been through that led you here, but it seems like you are on the path towards healing, which is awesome. ❤️ Aww, my dog, Lily, is lying by me as well! As you can see, we have a lot of animal lovers on this site. 

Best wishes, and feel free to reach out whenever you need to.

-Finch

Welcome!! I may not have so many recipes to share, but I'm a professional taster! :)

I'm sorry for what brought you here and hope you get better soon. Something to keep in mind is that as great as this place is, it may also be beneficial to go to in person support groups. Just a thought.

Great that you have a dog! My parents just got my little brother two puppies. He named one Krispy and the other one Kreme :)

Dear  pencil

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @Pencil to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

22 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS, Pencil! I'm glad that you made your way here. It's great that your T suggested a community like this. You'll find a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. :) You're not alone. I'm sorry for what you've been through that led you here, but it seems like you are on the path towards healing, which is awesome. ❤️ Aww, my dog, Lily, is lying by me as well! As you can see, we have a lot of animal lovers on this site. 

Best wishes, and feel free to reach out whenever you need to.

-Finch

Aw thanks so much! Say hi to Lily for me. My pupper is under so many blankets in his bed I can't even see him right now haha but I know that the minute I turn my lights off, he will sneak under my covers to cuddle at my feet or just ON ME (always fun to have 18kg of softness and warmth squish you right as you're falling asleep😅)

23 hours ago, snmls said:

Hi Pencil, 

You have found a wonderful community filled with kind and caring individuals. We are all here to support each other. You will find discussion boards on all sorts of topics here. From heavy topics to lighthearted fun. You have also joined at a good time since we have a lot of fun holiday programming going on. Take some time to look around the forums and then jump in whenever you feel comfortable. 

Please tell your dog I said Hi! I also have a dog. He's a chihuahua mix named Frankie! 

Ooooh say hi to Frankie for me! Extra belly rubs for all good doggos! My boi is a border collie and braque francais mix (we think, he's from the shelter so they kinda guessed to some extent)

16 hours ago, Jason92 said:

Welcome!! I may not have so many recipes to share, but I'm a professional taster! :)

I'm sorry for what brought you here and hope you get better soon. Something to keep in mind is that as great as this place is, it may also be beneficial to go to in person support groups. Just a thought.

Great that you have a dog! My parents just got my little brother two puppies. He named one Krispy and the other one Kreme :)

Hehe aren't we all.... I do make absolutely killer cookies tbh. In fact I've repeatedly used cookies as a bribe to make more friends (good trick to get everyone in a cast to like you: bring freshly baked cookies to the read-through). As for the in-person group I've been trying to find one but can't seem to.... anyone got a good registry to look for those things up? P.S I'm in a European country which pretends to be great (like all of them I guess) but doesn't believe in mental health sooooo yeah. My regular doctor/gp is nice but a bit clueless on these things too. And my T is through Zooms now (sadness and woe) in a different country no less. 🙃 Not that I'm complaining, she's a incredible!

ANYWAYS

All of y'all are making me want to cry by how lovely you are💜 thank you so so much. I've read and reread all of your comments and will continue to do so as they come. It's made me realise this has been long due too. I didn't fully understand just how much I needed this so thank you. I feel like I've just joined a big group of friends  ^^

Hi howdy 🤠 @Pencil

welcome to AS! I’m new here also and have been here a few weeks. I think it’s great that your therapist suggested this. Here is safe and I like it here. I hope you will toooo. I love dogs !