Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hi, my name is mason. i found this website after being recommended to it by my therapist. i’m not sure if i want to talk about anything yet because not a lot of people know, but idk i just always feel so lost. i hate having flashbacks and not being able to say anything, like i’m constantly screaming inside of me. also, the nightmares are unbearable. it’s just everything happening over and over and over again, but people I know are there. everything happened before i transitioned a few years ago, and it adds more stress with even thinking about talking about it. am i the only one that fears what friends or family would even say? i’m just scared no one would care. i am sorry this was all over the place, but i’ve been thinking about posting 

thank you for reading,

mason

Hi Mason,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for abusive experiences that you have endured, but be assured, you will find tons of support here. Our members are understanding and kind. I am sorry you have been hurt and this is never right for someone to do. Sadly, the struggles you face are far to common for survivors. They are so undeserved.

Fearing what others will say can always be a obstacle in feeling free to discuss these awful things. I cannot tell you it would be better or worse, as sometimes knowing who would take it well is very difficult to say. I wish everyone would see truth and have compassion, as we have not done anything wrong. Do know tho you are accepted and validated here.

Take your time and look around. Jump in when are where you are comfortable. Wishing you many forward steps on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear mason

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it. 

Welcome Mason to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here.  It's normal to be hesitant to tell people, after all you don't really know how they will respond.  I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.   Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello Mason,

I'm Goldeneye/Goldie and it's a pleasure to meet you. 

I'm sorry you had to go true this. Take your time, there's no stress, no hurry here. When you'll be ready, we will be here to listen and to support you. You are not alone, I too feared what my family would have said and fear what friends would say. Just remember it wasn't your fault and you are not alone. 

Take good care,

Goldie

Hi, @m450n - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry to hear about all of the pain you are going through with the flashbacks and nightmares. I am also sorry to hear of your abuse. I know how hard it is to not tell a lot of people and feel you are alone in working through it. Not a lot of people know what happened to me either and some of the ones that DO know, don't think it was a big deal. I'm sorry you're having to fight this battle. Just know that you have found a good, supportive community here and you are not alone anymore. We are here for you :) 

Also, we care. You are important. You matter. Don't think otherwise. :supportu:

If you need anything at all, I'm around! Feel free to shoot me a message any time :) 

All my best,
Poppy

Hey, Mason!  Welcome to After Silence. :) 

I'm so sorry that circumstance has brought you here, but we are a really supportive bunch and we are open hearts and arms.  Please look around and explore the site as much as you would like, and whenever you're ready to post, feel free to do so.  There's absolutely no rush - one of the things I love the most about this community.  

Please let me know if you need any help - always just a shout away. 

All the best,
Capulet