Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone

Hello everyone

My therapist recommended this place to me, saying it could help me feel less "different" and alone and help me handle my past, so here I am.
I'm 20 years old, five years ago I got a second chance at a normal life.
I'll do my best to behave here, if I do anything wrong please tell me.
I'm honestly a bit nervous about being here, accidentally making a mistake.

Dear uncollaredgirl

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Welcome, @uncollaredgirl! I know how hard it must have been to come here, but it also speaks to how brave you are. I haven't posted much here, but just reading different posts has helped. You are human, and you make make a mistake. That is okay. Progress not perfection, right? I am so sorry about what happened to you. There seem to be a lot of good people here. You are not alone. Safe hug, if that's okay.

Hi, @Uncollaredgirl - 

Welcome to After Silence! I understand how scary it can be to post for the first time and to expose yourself that way. I'm kind of similar to you in the way that my T was also the one that convinced me to sign up here for help!

Please don't be worried about doing something "wrong" or making a "mistake." That won't happen! We are all here to support you on your journey and lend a helping hand. You are never alone here! You are making wonderful progress by even reaching out here.. and I am happy to get to know you. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you ever need anything - I'm just a shout away! 

Sending happy thoughts, 

Poppy

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi and welcome!

I’m glad your T suggested this community, and I hope you will feel less alone here, as I have. I am glad you got a second chance and I wish you all the best in healing,

g

On 8/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, Uncollaredgirl said:

Hello everyone

My therapist recommended this place to me, saying it could help me feel less "different" and alone and help me handle my past, so here I am.
I'm 20 years old, five years ago I got a second chance at a normal life.
I'll do my best to behave here, if I do anything wrong please tell me.
I'm honestly a bit nervous about being here, accidentally making a mistake.

Hi Uncollaredgirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but do know this community is full of supportive and understanding members. As @Poppy_ mentioned, do not worry so much about making mistakes or doing something wrong. Tho we do have guidelines, everything pretty much comes down to us respecting one another. We rarely have issues with this, so I agree with her, it's not likely to happen. :) 

It's ok to be a little nervous, this is new to you. Remember tho, we all started here too. Unsure of this whole thing...but it gets easier. Take your time and look around. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Hi Uncollaredgirl,

I'm new and I'm nervous too. And I already felt better by reading your post. I feel the same way, that I might say something wrong or accidentally hurt someone's feelings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Uncollaredgirl,

Welcome to After Silence! There is no need to worry about making mistakes, we all do :)

What happened to you was in no way your fault, and I'm glad to see that you've made a new life for yourself. 

You're not alone, even if you might feel like it sometimes. If you ever need to talk, my PMs are always open.

-Connor