Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone!

Hi I’m Gabrielle, I’m new here (I have no idea how to start these things hahah) I was assaulted repeatedly by someone I was dating a few months ago and I thought the hard part would be leaving but the hardest hardest part is the aftermath. I feel so isolated from everyone and everything around me just goes on as normal and the guy who assaulted me lives his life and has lots of friends and meanwhile I feel unsafe and terrified inside my own body. All the time. And nobody cares

Edited by Gabrielle714

Hi @Gabrielle714.

We care!

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry to hear of the repeated trauma that has led you here.  You are so very right - the aftermath is indeed the hardest part.  I hope that you will find that you have found an extremely supportive community and that you are not alone - so many others are in the same exact position.  I am sincerely hopeful that being here will be a comfort and that you will find that your healing journey is so much easier in the company of others who can relate.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hello, @Gabrielle714, welcome to After Silence. I am so sorry your ex hurt you like that & the trauma aftermath you are dealing with. You have found a very supportive place ... & you will find that you are not alone here in what you are feeling. Please take as much time as you need to read to feel safe here. No one will rush you to post or share, but I believe you will find this a safe & caring place. Be gentle with you. 

Welcome to AS @Gabrielle714, you're showing so much courage leaving the relationship, joining here and reaching out. This is a supportive and understanding community, take your time looking around and post when you feel safe and comfortable. You are not alone, we care. Hope you find what you're looking for to help you on your healing journey. 

9 hours ago, Gabrielle714 said:

Hi I’m Gabrielle, I’m new here (I have no idea how to start these things hahah) I was assaulted repeatedly by someone I was dating a few months ago and I thought the hard part would be leaving but the hardest hardest part is the aftermath. I feel so isolated from everyone and everything around me just goes on as normal and the guy who assaulted me lives his life and has lots of friends and meanwhile I feel unsafe and terrified inside my own body. All the time. And nobody cares

Hi Gabrielle,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you were assaulted by an ex, but you have found a very supportive site. It takes courage to leave a bad situation and more courage to reach out to others. It's not always so easy to find understanding people, but you have here. Our members truly do understand and we do care. You are right how unfair it is that someone so selfish and hurtful gets to go on so easily, but we have to deal with the struggles they caused. I hope you find this site as helpful as you face your struggles. I wish you the very best as you begin this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear @Gabrielle714,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry about your assault.  I want you to know that many of us can relate to  your feelings - they are so normal.  I think if you take your time to look around our site and read other people's posts, you'll find many people who can relate.  Take your time looking around and then posting as you feel comfortable.

Wishing you joy and healing,

Gold Raindrops