Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there! Another newbie.

Hello, I'm not exactly sure where I should begin, I'm just happy that I found you guys and that I'm now here apart of this community. I'm sort of a beginner on his "healing track" I've mostly been doing it on my own, or rather I've been just trying to ignore and forget it all, keep everything a secret... which I suppose isn't working. It's been nearly 11 years now. Though I'm trying to put myself in the right lane now. I should be starting therapy for the first time, which I'm nervous as hell about haha, but hopefully it will help. And I hope that I'll also find the strength and courage to talk about things here, and to give support to all of you people as well :)

So uhh, I guess that's it for now, again thanks for letting me join, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. 

Hi Eleum, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the  trauma that you went through 11 years ago. I kept my secret for many years until I  realized it was only hurting me and protecting the one the hurt me. I am glad you found us. You will find lots of support here and you are not alone in your feeling.

Patricia

Hi Eleum,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced. You have found a very supportive site. It's never too late to try and heal. It took me a very long time, as well, before deciding to do anything about it. You will find many understanding members here and you are not alone. I wish you well as you begin this journey, both with therapy and with our site.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome @patriciag, @MeBeMary and @reglois. I honestly believed for so long that I would always have to bear this burden of pain and shame, on my own until my grave. I had no idea the options to reach out existed until recently. I'm really relieved that there's people here who can understand, and that I'm not alone, but at the same time, the fact that I'm not alone in this, is also sad. There really is a lot of people out there like me, isn't there? :( I'm really sorry for everything you all went through. 

It is the true irony of our given situations. It is very sad that in order not to be alone, others have been hurt, as well as ourselves.  The truest fact tho, is none of us should be here. None of us deserved the pain and the struggles that were inflicted on us. :hammer:

We have found this safe haven tho. For that, I am grateful for all of us whom have found AS.  :loveas:

Welcome to AS, Eleum. I am sorry for what you went through, but I am glad that you are getting help and support now. I also didn't deal with my stuff for over 10 years. I tried to forget and pretend it didn't happen. But in the last year I have started to work on things and although it has been hard, the progress I have made has been worth it. I wish the same for you and I hope you will find lots of support here. You are not alone. 

Welcome to AS! I'm new here too. I think you'll find the site welcoming and helpful. I hope that you'll be able to find the support you need for your healing. I browsed the different forums and read a lot of stuff to find my way. I'm slowly coming out of my shell. I too have been struggling a long time. I'm glad you found AS. There are a lot of people here to help you and to talk to that understand your trauma. You're not alone. Safe hugs :hug: if ok.