Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

I'm a 35 year old mother of 4, married 15 years. I was sexually assaulted at 17 and raped twice at 18. I've spent the last 17 years assuming responsibility for these things. It's time for that to change for good. 

Good for you for taking that first step!  Welcome, although I am sorry for what brings you here.  I hope you find the support you need . . . there are some amazing people here!

2 hours ago, FlowerPot said:

I'm a 35 year old mother of 4, married 15 years. I was sexually assaulted at 17 and raped twice at 18. I've spent the last 17 years assuming responsibility for these things. It's time for that to change for good. 

Hi FlowerPot,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. There are many kind and supportive members here. It takes a lot of courage to shed the self-blame that consumes us, congratulations on starting to rid that from yourself. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome FlowerPot. I am glad you are starting to assign responsibility to those who did this to you rather than yourself. That is a really great step towards healing. Glad to have you here on AS although I wish you didn't have a reason to be here. Hope you find your way around ok. 

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: