Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there!

I've been on the course of recovery for about two years now and still have a long way to go. There's still so many questions that keep me up at night (hence the 3 am post) so I am trying to give my boyfriend some much needed rest and reach out to those who can personally relate to what I'm going through.

I have heard repeatedly the statistic that 1 in 5 women are victims of sexual assault. I look at my friends and classmates and think "someone here has to have their own story", yet it's not really a normal conversation topic even for close friends so I'm constantly left feeling alone and misunderstood. I'm hoping that this site will give me the peace I've been looking for. I'm excited to build a support team as well as offer my own experience and advice to others facing similar struggles.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Heather

Hi Heather, welcome to AS! You have come to the right place. This is a very supportive community, you will see. Hope you find peace here, too. :notalone: :youcanheal:

13 hours ago, Heavenly said:

Hi there!

I've been on the course of recovery for about two years now and still have a long way to go. There's still so many questions that keep me up at night (hence the 3 am post) so I am trying to give my boyfriend some much needed rest and reach out to those who can personally relate to what I'm going through.

I have heard repeatedly the statistic that 1 in 5 women are victims of sexual assault. I look at my friends and classmates and think "someone here has to have their own story", yet it's not really a normal conversation topic even for close friends so I'm constantly left feeling alone and misunderstood. I'm hoping that this site will give me the peace I've been looking for. I'm excited to build a support team as well as offer my own experience and advice to others facing similar struggles.

Heather

Hi Heather, sorry for the  trauma that went through. This is a very  supportive site, you are not alone here. We all support each other.:aswelcomesu:

:aswelcomesu:

Hello Heather, welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and i am a member of the Newbie Support team here,. we are here to help you with any questions you have about the site, please dont hesitate to contact one of us if you need anything, we will do our best to help

take care

Paula

16 hours ago, Heavenly said:

Hi there!

Heather

Hi Heather,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have gone thru, but you have found a very supportive site. You are very right when you say that you look at others and know that someone else has a story, but many of survivors do not like to admit it or reach out. I am glad that you had the courage to do so. You will find the site full of understanding individuals and a lot of info that still really isn't topic conversation in today's society. And really, I find it comforting to know that we aren't alone and we do have others that we can talk to thru this site. I wish you well as you continue this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: