Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New Here

Grace7

Hi. A bit scary for me to come on here, but hope it might help me to be around people who've been through similar experiences. Feel quite lonely as it's difficult to open up to friends about things..Anyway, hello :)

:hi: Hi Grace7,

I can remember feeling a bit nervous coming here the first time too, but I did find many supportive and understanding people and I have not felt so alone with my memories since joining.

I hope you'll find AS (after silence) a safe, supporting, and encouraging place too! If you have any questions or need to talk about something please feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help you the best I can. :)

With support,

Activist Ally

Hi Grace7,

Welcome to AS. This is a great community of people who understand and try to help each other. I think you will find it to be a safe place and a place of support. I'm sorry for the reasons that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found us.

Take Care,

Guy

Hi. A bit scary for me to come on here, but hope it might help me to be around people who've been through similar experiences. Feel quite lonely as it's difficult to open up to friends about things..Anyway, hello :)

Hello Grace7, I was terrified about this site just because it DID mean that I was going to find more people with similar issues and I don't wish anyone to go through any of the stuff I experienced, and unfortunately, there are these people. On the flip side, I feel fortunate to find others similar because everyone with me so here at AS has been amazing in welcoming me and helping me with different things.

Feel free to keep in touch. I wish all us positive things.

Edited by shortcake
Story sharing belongs in a different forum :)

Welcome here, Grace7. I hope you find After Silence to be a great source of support and healing, as it's been for so many of us on here. Though I'm sorry for the reason(s) you're here, know that you're not alone.