Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello From Another New Member

Jyo

Hi,

This is my first time on a board like this. I'm 46 and the various issues I have to deal with are many years in the past. I thought I'd dealt with them quite successfully and moved on, but recently I hit a major trigger and have found new depths of pain that I didn't even know were there. I guess it never really ends - and this is coming up now because I'm ready to lance the abcess and move on. Uncomfortable, but heading in the right direction so bearable.

Anyway, I realised that although I have talked about the facts in my past, I have never really exposed my feelings about it - not even honestly to myself. Recently I've been allowing myself to feel that past pain, and letting some of it come out in poetry. I felt the need to share those feelings with others, and to be honest, strangers felt safer than friends, so I came here to practise. I'm going to post some of my poems in the creativity section.

I hope to get to know you all better over time.

Jyo

Hi Jyo,

welcome to AS :hug: it sounds like you are working very hard on your healing, congrats for that :greet: feel free to post as much as you want, i think the idea of practicing here first is one a lot of us can relate to.

:hug:

Daniela.

:) Hi Jyo, Welcome to AS

Glad to know that you are open to healing. I don't think it ever gets alright, it just gets better and better. I am 62, and I too thought it was over after my 5 years of therapy. When I found ths board, I was not doing well at all, but since I have been here, I am able to get through the bad times a lot easier. It really does help to know that you are not alone, nor are you unique in dealing with this. We are all surviving, healing and growing....Hope this board helps you as much as it has helped me...Laray :wub::greet::hug:

(((Jyo)))

Welcome to AS sweetie. I know what a big step coming to a board like this is, but I agree, it is a good place to kind of try things out. I know I often write things here before I take them to my therapy sessions. Just know that we are all very supportive and will do all we can to help you on your journey. Take your time, and post whenever you are ready.

:hug::hug:

Ruthie

P.S. I am a writer too :)

Glad you found us.....Welcome..........Michelle

welcome Jyo, hope you find what you're looking for here :hug:

~charlene~