Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Little About Moi

My name is Julie. I am a 33 year old married mother of two. I am a rape survivor.

I was raped by a neighbor boy who was two years older than me when I was 12 years old. I never reported. He did it to others and that is always something I live with. I didn't tell anyone untill about 3-4 years ago. The first person I told was a rape crisis volunteer. Then I told my husband. The funny thing is my husband has known me since we were nine and the first thing he said was "that explains alot".

He knew me before and after and noticed the changes in my personality but never questioned anything.

Right now after being a stay at home mom for 9 years I am trying to go back to work in my feild as a dental assistant. I have a very good prospect right now but they won't know for sure till next week and the waiting is KILLING ME! I feel like I'm going to jinx myself just by telling you all. Man I want that job so bad!

I am also dealing with the recent death of my mother. It has been very hard here without her. She died the day before Thanksgiving and I'm already dreading November. She herself was a CSA survivor.

One thing I will warn you about. I am very outspoken and have a tendency to come on a little fierce. If you don't want an honest opinion don't ask me for one because I'm not in the habit of telling people what I think they want to hear.

I'm not here to ruin your safe place I need a safe place too. However I joke alot and can be rather sarcastic. Sometimes people don't think I take things seriously because of that.

So that's me in a nutshell (help I'm in a nutshell!).

Oh yeah, yes I am a Beatle fan!

Much love,

Julie

:hug::hug: Hello, Julie. I'm Julie, too :) Only I'm only 20! I'm sorry that you had to go through what you went through when you were younger, but I'm glad that you finally got your story out to someone. It really hurts to have to keep something like that all to yourself, especially for as long as you have. Please feel free to talk here on the board about what you're feeling and going through. Everyone is very kind and understanding.

It's great that you want to get back out and work :) I really hope you get that job! It sounds like an interesting job to do. I'm an artist myself, so I have no idea what that's like.

It's great that you have your own opinion, and that you want to express it and let it be known, but please consider the feelings of the person it's directed at. Everyone is free to think whatever tehy want, but try not to hurt someone's feelings if you can avoid it. :) I'm sure we can all handle whatever you throw at us, though.

Hope to see you around.

Jewel :wub:

I lost my Dad and Grandma three years ago (three years ago this nov for my Dad), so I can understand dreading that month. It's hard. I'm sorry for all that you've endured!

Kelly

Hi Julie,

Welcome to AS. I am glad you joined. I also lost someone in November (day after Thanksgiving 2001 my brother committed suicide). Let me know if you need extra support as it gets closer.

I also was raped young, right before my 12th birthday. I also didn't speak about it until I was 23.

MsD

Hi Julie,welcome to AS,I hope you will feel at home here soon,I am sorry you have to be here.This is a very helpful friendly place and I hope you will soon find people to talk to.

Glad you like the Beatles,so do I.!!! Button :)

welcome Julie :bighug:

~charlene~