Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone! New Here And Could Use Some Friends :)

Good morning everyone...I am thinking that I shouldn't have picked this screen-name now, it makes me feel like a brute or just a downright complainer. Which I am not. :)

Anyway, a little about me; I am 39 yr old single mom of two great teenagers {daughter is 17 and son is 19}. I am divorced and have been divorced since 1994. I am however dating a man who I cherish to death and who loves me with his whole heart as well. So I am keeping my fingers crossed! :wub:

I live in the Midwest; Ohio to be exact. I do not work outside of the home, I am actually on permanent disability {fibromyalgia and one or two other reasons why}. So what do I do all day? I am an avid crafter! I eat, sleep, and breathe crafts! I make handmade greeting cards and sell them. I am also on a couple design teams for company's where I make cards for them either using their product or a sketch, etc. I truly love it and would have gone insane years ago had I not found this hobby gone wild, LoL! :blink:

I also have 4 kitties...

I cannot think of anything else to write for now. I do love talking and chatting on forums and making new friends. Lately its been hard for me to actually leave my home...I just don't like it, so I turn to online.

I will end with this, I think this forum/group will be a God send for me, and I cannot believe I never looked to see if there was a place such as this before. :duh: But I am here now. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you all better.

Thanks for letting me share!

hi & welcome.....i love crafts too but cant seem to find the mental focus or energy to do much. i mostly like scrapbooking & sewing.

i have 2 wonderful cats...the one in my profile picture is named lazarus. he has such a personality.

well, i hope u feel at homme here. take care

:kitty: Hello and Welcome to After the Silence :wave::friends2::aswelcomesu: I'm so glad you found us and decided to join our community!! The people here will not judge you under any circumstances. They are kind and understaning and sensitive to your needs, they have always been great to me. I like to do ceramics for my craft and I love kittys too. Please take good care of yourself and I'll see you around the boards...God Bless.

Sincerely,

Roxy :angel::pray::butterfly::supportu::candle::peace:

Hi,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

From your avatar pic, you definitely don't look like someone who is always angry! :) But, there are days I feel like that as well!

Just to let you know, we can change it for you if you would prefer another name- whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm so glad you found us! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Please let me know if you need any help finding your way around.

Take care,

Becky

Hi,

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

From your avatar pic, you definitely don't look like someone who is always angry! :) But, there are days I feel like that as well!

Just to let you know, we can change it for you if you would prefer another name- whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm so glad you found us! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Please let me know if you need any help finding your way around.

Take care,

Becky

Yes I would love to change my current screen name, LoL! Thank you so much for offering to help. Do you chAnge it? If so, I would just like to use my name if that is possible ~Christy~ Thank you much

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Thank you for sharing.

I think your screen name is cute.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

Welcome Christy! I hope you find AS as helpful and life changing as I have. I have made some incredible friends here and am looking forward to meeting more people.

Hope to see you on the boards.

Callie

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

• 2 weeks later...

HI Christy,

Welcome to Aftersilence :flowers:

I'm glad that name change worked for you! :)

That's cool that you design greeting cards and all that- lol I'm a music gal I wish I was more artsy!!

Mandy