Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New And Have Had A Really Rough Day...

I have never really been on any site like this beofre so please forgive me as I dont really know the right way to put everything. I just know that I need some support today fropm people that understand. I was raped 12 years ago, I have worked hard to get through it and in general think I do well, though I have my bad days when my demons take over, like anyone.

I was walking to work this morning to do some overtime and a man who was staggering started to really stare at me - he wasn't drunk, I think he was on drugs. My insticnts told me to get away from him so I crossed the road - he then shouted over at me "you are beautiful, but I bet if I come over there I will have to fight". I have seen that look before, 12 years ago and my instincts tell me when I am in real danger. There was no one else in the street and I was absolutely petrified, the last time I felt that fear was when I was raped. Someone with some dogs came around the corner so nothing happened but it has triggered me so much...I have been in tears on and off all day and am tearful now. I can't believe how much it has floored me!!!

So sorry for the essay, but honstly, I dont know where else I can say whay I feel right now.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu:

I am glad that you have found this site it sounds like you could really use some support. This is a wondeful place with people are always willing to offer support to you. I am very sorry that things are so rough right now. I can understand why what happened today has upset you so much. I am glad that you were able to get away without being hurt. I don't really have any great advice but just wanted you to know that you are not alone in any of this. We are all here for you. Please take gentle care of yourself today! Let me know if I can help in any way.

:hug::hug:

Sad

First off I want to say welcome to AS.

Wow that would have scared me to and I am glad you are safe now. I use to walk to work myself and got into a situation once and I started to carry a knife with me ( A medium size one.) so I felt safe knowing if something was to happen I would have it. And I know how triggering that is so please take care of yourself and know AS is a very supportive place and everyone here is nice. Welcome :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:hug: welcome thomasina, hope you find what you're looking for here. There is a lot of understanding and support here for you. Take care......Paula

Hi Thomasina. I'm glad you've found this site. It seems like a really good and caring place. I'm so sorry for your awful experience yesterday. How terrifying! I have nightmares like that. I'm not surprised that you were so badly triggered. Thank goodness you were not hurt.

I hope you are feeling a little better now ~ it's good that you've reached out for support. I hope you feel able to keep doing so.

Take care,

Reyzl :flowers:

Welcome to AS

I'm really glad you found this site. There is much comfort and support here. It's okay to be floored by that, that sounds absolutely petrifying! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you're okay. Don't be afraid to speak out. What you have to say is important.

See you around,

Melissa

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

What a frightening experience! I am sorry you were faced with that, it sounds like it must have been terribly triggering and difficult. I hope getting your feelings out will help you. This board is full of wonderful people who can relate to many of the feelings you may be having. I hope you will find what you need here.

Nicole :throb: