Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Yet Another New Member

hello, all.

i just got the phone call from the attorney's office the day before yesterday that there isn't enough evidence to take my ex-boyfriend to jail for sexually assaulting me... i was feeling downtrodden, and decided to join this forum.

i look forward to meeting new people, finding support, and offering my support to others.

Hi Dear,

I'm sorry for what you have gone through. I'm sorry that they are not prosecuting. That is downheartening.

I'm glad that you are here because this is a good place to share and get support.

Take care.

Kate

Hi Sweety,

Welcome, I can relate, and our site is like a first love, every new member is like the first!

Welcome to AS :aswelcomesu::hug:

Hi, this is my first post. i'm still trying to figure out how to use this site. i have a question. i was raped by my husband (now ex), and some of my "friends" maintain a certain level of contact with him, even though they know what he did to me. i cannot seem to accept this. how have you handled this kind of thing?

Welcome to AS. This type of crime is sadly notoriously difficult to get a conviction on. I wish you all the luck in the World in getting justice, but in the meanwhile feel you are in amongst a group of friends that you feel you can lean on.

So you take care of yourself. Hugs to you.

Atlantis

Hey Linders,

Welcome to the board--I am brand new here, too and have decided to just jump in and start posting. I've "lurked" here for a short while and sort of got a feel for this place. It seems to be a good place to just be yourself and get support and give support as you are able.

I hope you find what you are looking for here.

CJ

Linders - my apologies for not understanding the site and how it worked. Here you are another new member as well, trying to get encouragement and support, and i just jumped into your online space. How kind of you to respond to me - and please take care of yourself!! judy

welcometoas.png

:throb: Love Always, Haullie