Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

kayte

I found this board while I was doing a search yesterday and the name of the forum kind of got to me. "After silence." It says a lot.

I was one that did nothing when this happened to me. I didn't tell anyone for a couple of years. The friend I chose to confide in (a guy that I trusted at the time), was ever so sweet and supportive... then a year later he was arrested for raping a 65 year old woman. I uh, threw up.

I got married without telling my husband. A selfish decision on my part, but then I thought I was 'just fine'. Until the nightmares got so bad that I was beating him in my sleep. :blush:

I have to say, from bits and pieces I've read here, I'm SO glad that this place is available so people can tell someone right away. I'm sure it would have made a significant difference in my life if I'd talked with someone.

But that was many years ago and I've come a long, long way. I 'feel' free from it most of the time. Like it no longer rules or owns me, but I own it. Like I said, most of the time I feel that way, but then I take a long hard look at myself and think 'oh really... then why is 'this and that' a problem? I'm at one of those spots right now. Maybe I can work through it with all of you and we can each come out stronger and freer than before.

Well... that's my hope.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Kayte, welcome to AS. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Hey kayte. Welcome to AS. Just keep writing a post when ever you feel like it cos there is a world-wide support network here for you to be apart of. You may find that by sharing your story and reading others that your not alone in your experience.

Best Wishes,

Kath

I look forward to getting to know you.

(((Kayte)))

Welcome to AS. This is a great place for survivors to find support, understanding, and companionship. I'm sorry you need to be here but hope you find what you're looking for. Safe, gentle, warm supportive cyberhugs to you, dear one. :hug::hug::hug:

The friend I chose to confide in (a guy that I trusted at the time), was ever so sweet and supportive... then a year later he was arrested for raping a 65 year old woman. I uh, threw up.

Talk about adding a whole new meaning to the phrase "With friends like that who needs enemies?" doesn't it? Well, you had no clue when you confided in him, I'm sure. How were you to know? It's not like he wore a sign or had it tattoed prominantly on his person. Try not to feel too badly about that one, sweetie. Can't blame you for that reaction either. I think I would have reacted the same way!

I hope you enjoy your time spent here and find new friends to help you along your healing journey.

:hug:

Meg

:outahere:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Just what I needed... but of course, you all know that. :)