Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newcomer

I see there is alot of new people here as well as me. You know no matter how many times you read someone's story (in someways they are all so different yet alike) it makes me feel sad for them, but yet glad at the same time. Sad because I know the feelings from alot of abuse, my whole life has been about being abused in some way. Yet glad there is a place I can come to and realize I am not alone. Glad I can have a place to tell my story to people who aren't simply going to say well just forget about it. You can not forget it when even though it happend for me a long time ago it is still something I deal with daily. I am so glad to have found this place, now I know I will no longer be healing alone!

welcome to as. i agree with what you said. it is bittersweet. i'm so glad when hurting people find this board, because i know what a wonderful supportive place it is, but it is always painful to know there is one more person who is aching out there.

i'm glad you found as, welcome. :hi: