Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi, everybody. :unsure: I've been working up the strength to make a hello post all day. I'm a 42 year old woman that kept my r*pe a secret for over 22 years. I told my therapist last summer, and it's been quite a journey of healing for me. I still have so far to go. Earlier this year, I had a tragic personal experience that has triggered me into an on and off depression....probably mostly on.

I've joined this board to have a safe and comforting place to go to when I need to talk or vent. Hopefully, I can help others too. I finally got my courage up to say hello because I suddenly found myself hurting a lot tonight. :( So, I thought that MAYBE a post would help in some sort of odd way.

I'm a good person, and I know that somewhere in me I have a lot to share. Sometimes it's just not there, other times, I can go on and on.

I hope to get to know a lot of you. Thank you so much for allowing me to join this forum. I may be quiet for awhile. That's not because I don't care, it's because I'm afraid and unsure.

"Talk" with all of you soon.

~SN~

Hey sweetie,

Take your time and feel free to sit back as long as you need to, either way we all understand and we are all here for you. :bighug:

Welcome to AS. :wave:

Donna =)

Hi :hug: Serenity Now :hug: ( i love your name!)

Welcome to AS. It is a very safe and supportive home. I'm glad that you're here and hope you will be able to share as much as you need to. Hopefully it will help you in your healing. There are certainly many members here who know firsthand what you're going through. I'm 24 and kept my r*p* a secret for 6 years. I know it's tough when you are first starting to deal with all of the emotions and things that go along with the trauma. Just remember you're not alone honey, okay?

I'm here for you, listening whenever you are able to post.

God Bless,

Ryann

Welcome to AS .. :hi::hug:

hey sweetie

well you got the first post over with that's the hard bit *cuddles*

welcome to AS :) X

Hi, everybody. :unsure: I've been working up the strength to make a hello post all day. I'm a 42 year old woman that kept my r*pe a secret for over 22 years. I told my therapist last summer, and it's been quite a journey of healing for me. I still have so far to go. Earlier this year, I had a tragic personal experience that has triggered me into an on and off depression....probably mostly on.

I've joined this board to have a safe and comforting place to go to when I need to talk or vent. Hopefully, I can help others too. I finally got my courage up to say hello because I suddenly found myself hurting a lot tonight. :( So, I thought that MAYBE a post would help in some sort of odd way.

I'm a good person, and I know that somewhere in me I have a lot to share. Sometimes it's just not there, other times, I can go on and on.

I hope to get to know a lot of you. Thank you so much for allowing me to join this forum. I may be quiet for awhile. That's not because I don't care, it's because I'm afraid and unsure.

"Talk" with all of you soon.

~SN~

hope you feel safe here lots of :wub: and :hug:

Hiya Serenity! Love the name :)

I'm very new here as well and know how you feel. Pretty scary, huh? It does get a bit easier each time you post. Do not worry, I'm sure most here have felt the same way! :)

Glad you decided to join!

:thanks: Thank you so much, everybody. That was such a warm welcome and very much appreciated by me. I've had the hardest day. So, the well wishes were nice to read. Now, I'm going to TRY and venture into another forum and TRY to read. Thanks again for your :wub: and :hug: !!

:duh: <--- I like this little smilie. It's so me, and makes me smile for a bit.

~SN~

Welcome Serenity. That's you up to 2 posts now :)

Like you, I kept quiet for 20 years. AS is a useful place to moan/scream/think. Glad to see you joining us.