Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everybody!

And I guess it goes without saying that this is my first post here :hi:.

I'm excited that I found this site, you all seem like a real genuine, compassionate community & I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Possible Trigger Warning:

A bit about me: I'm 23. Somewhat lengthy history of sexual abuse - my dad was "emotionally incestuous" (I'm just beginning to learn about that term mself) throughout my childhood, adolescence, etc.

Starting when I was 9 through age 12, I was sexually assaulted & stalked by an older neighborhood boy . I was also raped repeatedly by a highschool boyfriend. So, yeah. I'm guessing that's plenty for now, please let me know if there are off-limit words or anthing like that, I don't want to offend or upset anyone.

I recently finished treatment at a residential women's trauma (PTSD) recovery program which literally saved my life. So I'm in a good place (in my mind) right now. I'm actually happy, which is something that I haven't been able to feel or say in over 10 years. I'm definitely not "there" yet, but I'm making my way. And I'm ready to live now.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

I wish all the survivors & thrivers here many moments of peace & serenity. :butterfly:

Welcome to AS :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi and welcome :hug: hope you find support when your down, and laugher and silliness :) when you feel light.

if you dont mind me asking where was the trauma centre you attended? could you tell me what was helpful about it? Im searching for new support at the moment as my psychotherapist of 6years whom I saw twice weekly retired at xmas :cry: !

hope you find what you need here x

Hi parrhesia :hug:

Thanks for sharing about yourself with us. It is powerful.

I'm happy to hear that you're in a good place right now and that you had courage enough to seek treatment for yourself. It's nice to meet you, we're in the same age bracket (i'm 24) !

I hope to get to know you better over time.

Take care of yourself

and

God Bless You,

Ryann

I googled the meaning of your name and found this from this page:

http://www.googlism.com/index.htm

parrhesia

parrhesia is thus always a "game" between the one who speaks the truth and the interlocutor

parrhesia is this

parrhesia is regarded more and more as a personal attitude

parrhesia is the word most often translated as "boldness

parrhesia is a greek word used in scripture to show assurance

parrhesia is paraphrased as "educated cultivation and care of self and friendship"

parrhesia is the speech of someone who has the moral qualities required to speak the truth

parrhesia is "a verbal activity in which a speaker expresses his personal relationship to truth

parrhesia is

parrhesia is linked

parrhesia is the broader meaning of being open and bold

parrhesia is laudable in the abstract

parrhesia is a greek concept for which there is no latin equivalent

parrhesia is often associated with voluntary self

parrhesia is here translated openly

parrhesia is a state of condition in which we know our place

parrhesia is to make its response

parrhesia is isolated to represent the freedom of speech common to the greek citizen within the confines of their ekklesia

parrhesia is the language of friendship

parrhesia is not a withdrawal or turning inward

Welcome to AS. This is a wonderful place.

Peace, Love, Joy.

JimBee

Edited by JimBee