Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I am a married, 45 year old mom of two boys. I live in the southwestern US. I am grappling with a trauma from just this past November. I was traveling out of the country when I was drugged and assaulted. I only have limited memory of what happened. It’s all very hard to wrap my head around. I am seeking in person support but I feel I would really benefit from connecting with all of you. 

Hi friend so sorry of what you have been through.  Know that you are not alone. What happened was not your fault in any way.  The blame and shame are on the perpetrator. Welcome to this healing and safe place.  I am glad you have people in your life to hug.  Sitting with you and keeping you company on your healing journey

Welcome, @Desert Wave.  I am sorry to learn of what you’ve experienced but am glad you are here to connect with us and to heal.  This is a fantastic community and you are not alone.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the site.  I am just a shout away.

Wishing you all the best!

- Cap

Hi Desert Wave.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you last fall. It was unfair and undeserved. You have found a supportive place and among many understanding and diverse group of individuals. We are here for you.

You will find many of us who have memory issues, some due to being drugged, as well as other reasons. It really is a catch 22, as recalling such trauma can be difficult, but so can not knowing. The unknown can be a very scare place. 

It takes courage to reach out, if be for therapy or an online community such as ours. It can be difficult to face but do know it's just a little easier when you have others who can relate. 

Take your time and look around. Interact at a pace that is comfortable for you, knowing this is a safe and healing place. 

Wishing you the best as you continue to move forward on your healing path. 

Dear dessert wave

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

On 3/5/2024 at 6:31 AM, Desert Wave said:

Hi. I am a married, 45 year old mom of two boys. I live in the southwestern US. I am grappling with a trauma from just this past November. I was traveling out of the country when I was drugged and assaulted. I only have limited memory of what happened. It’s all very hard to wrap my head around. I am seeking in person support but I feel I would really benefit from connecting with all of you. 

Hello Desert Wave, I am Wanna :flowers:

I'd like to greet you too, and share how happy I am you've found us. I think different types of support complete each other, and having an online community definitely helps. Here, you get the chance to connect with fellow survivors, and decide what to share or not. We all have unique stories, but we tend to relate to each other. We have a Parenting and Pregnancy forum, in case it would interest you. We have many parents here, who can relate to healing while raising children. 

Please remember, that this was in no way your fault. You have nothing to be ashamed about, and we believe you. Whatever comes along, AS is here for you :notalone:

Feel free to contact me or any staff for questions, assistance or some company. I am just one PM away.

All best /W ☀️