Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey all, my name is Jay and I'm a musician and teacher. I have been feeling ready to share more and realizing that healing from abuse is hard(!!!!) and I could use more community and support, so here I am! Hope everyone is having an okay weekend. 🦋 :)

16 minutes ago, JayO said:

Hey all, my name is Jay and I'm a musician and teacher. I have been feeling ready to share more and realizing that healing from abuse is hard(!!!!) and I could use more community and support, so here I am! Hope everyone is having an okay weekend. 🦋 :)

Hey JayO and welcome to AS! I am Wanna :flowers:

How exciting, I am studying to become a teacher myself, HS-level. We have many artists here, the Healing Through Creativity forum carries coping related art work. Maybe a creator like yourself would find it helpful. 

This community offers anonymity while you connect with fellow survivors. You can vent, ask for advice, offer support and much more. You pick your pace and share only what you'd feel comfortable to, of course. I think every survivor could use a safe place apart from their usual social circles, where you can express yourself freely. Healing is a rocky road, and we can sometimes feel like we're spinning in circles. It can be frustrating and draining. During those times, having people relate and share similar experiences can be a great comfort. :notalone:

Please let me or any staff member of choice know if you'd need assistance, would have questions, or need a vent/chat. I'll send you a PM with some information. 

All best W ☀️ 

Hi Jay. Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Healing is hard and is filled with ups and downs, but it is possible! Sometimes talking with other survivors can help you feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. Looking forward to seeing you around the community. Wishing you all the best. 

Welcome Jayo.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here but happy you decided to reach out. This is a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

Wishing you the best as you move forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear jayo

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.