Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Errr.. Hello.. *T*

Laylaa

Hi.. New 2 this so here goes? I am Layla, I am 18 yrs old. This past week has been awful. I won't go into detail here but I  have been assaulted. And, I am trying my best to push on through. It is hard right now and have no where to open up and share what I have been through. I am struggling right now so won't be active every day/minute but I will try my best to support y'all. How're you al doing? Hope you are as okay as you can be. Sending hugs to you all ❤️ 

Layla ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Laylaa said:

Hi.. New 2 this so here goes? I am Layla, I am 18 yrs old. This past week has been awful. I won't go into detail here but I  have been assaulted. And, I am trying my best to push on through. It is hard right now and have no where to open up and share what I have been through. I am struggling right now so won't be active every day/minute but I will try my best to support y'all. How're you al doing? Hope you are as okay as you can be. Sending hugs to you all ❤️ 

Layla ❤️ 

Hello Layla, I am Wanna :flowers: Welcome to our community! 

First off, whatever happened was NOT your fault. It is important that you tell yourself that if you'd ever have doubts. You are brave for accepting what happened so fast and seeking support. We've got you. This is a safe place by survivors, for survivors. 

There is no demand or expectations on your activity here. Come whenever you want to, participate at your own pace. You can discuss coping, exchange support and share what you'd feel comfortable to. We also talk about plain life here and topics that are not necessarily trauma related. Every survivor carries their own unique story, but we tend to relate to each other here. Some reactions seem to be universal.

Please let me or any staff member by choice know if you'd need assistance, would have thoughts, or just need a chat/vent. You can PM any of us. 

Please check your inbox for some information on this site. I'll see you there. 

Take gentle care, and once again, welcome :youcanheal:

All best, W ☀️

36 minutes ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello Layla, I am Wanna :flowers: Welcome to our community! 

First off, whatever happened was NOT your fault. It is important that you tell yourself that if you'd ever have doubts. You are brave for accepting what happened so fast and seeking support. We've got you. This is a safe place by survivors, for survivors. 

There is no demand or expectations on your activity here. Come whenever you want to, participate at your own pace. You can discuss coping, exchange support and share what you'd feel comfortable to. We also talk about plain life here and topics that are not necessarily trauma related. Every survivor carries their own unique story, but we tend to relate to each other here. Some reactions seem to be universal.

Please let me or any staff member by choice know if you'd need assistance, would have thoughts, or just need a chat/vent. You can PM any of us. 

Please check your inbox for some information on this site. I'll see you there. 

Take gentle care, and once again, welcome :youcanheal:

All best, W ☀️

thankyou so much, Wanna. hope you're well :)

Hi Laylaa and welcome.

I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you face. What happened to you was undeserved and unfair. The good news is you found a truly supportive community and you will find nothing but understanding and kindness. You are not alone.

Take your time and look around. It's a good way to find your footing. As @WannaMoveOn mentioned, it's not only ok to take it at your own pace...it is encouraged! This is your healing path, so only you decide how much and how fast is right for you. 

I wish you the best as you begin this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

@LaylaaI just wanted to say hello and that I’m glad you found this forum. I am very sorry for whatever happened to you and I want you to know we are all here for you. This is a huge first step and that takes bravery and courage. I am proud of you. You are not alone.

Welcome Layla,

I am so sorry for what has happened to you. It was not your fault, and you are not alone. 💛 

I hope you find After Silence helpful and you feel safe here to ask for help or support. Thinking of you. 

Dawn

Welcome, @Laylaa to AS.  I am sorry for the circumstances that have led you here but am hopeful that being among other survivors who understand will be a game changer for you as far as support goes!!

❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Layla - 

We were all new at one point. I joined in August after considering it for awhile so I also think it is the hardest part of joining.  I am so sorry about what happened to you and, as others have said, it is not your fault. What happened to me was just over five years ago but I am still healing every day. Please look after and be gentle with yourself. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Laylaa said:

Thanks everybody ❤️

You're welcome, reach out any time!

Just now, WannaMoveOn said:

You're welcome, reach out any time!

Sorry for not replying until now, just been busy working with the police etc. but, I’m going to be active now, thank you Wanna. 💜