Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello - introducing myself as a new member.

Hi everyone. I came across this forum while looking for a community of support but it took me a while to actually decide to participate. I am hoping to gain additional support surrounding coping with past events and triggers, which are often difficult for others to understand. I appreciate the existence of such a community and thank you in advance for interactions moving forward.

Dear queenansparkle

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

1 hour ago, queennanosparkle said:

Hi everyone. I came across this forum while looking for a community of support but it took me a while to actually decide to participate. I am hoping to gain additional support surrounding coping with past events and triggers, which are often difficult for others to understand. I appreciate the existence of such a community and thank you in advance for interactions moving forward.

Hello and welcome on board! I am Wanna by the way :flowers:

I am glad your stumbled upon this community. This is a safe place for all survivors looking for support. You may have noticed our wide options of forums, addressing different topics. You can basically talk about anything here, trauma-related as well as just plain life. 

You decide how often you want to come here, and what for. No pressure whatsoever. I am sincerely sorry about your trauma, and everything that comes with. The aftermath can feel complex and survivors tend to feel lonely, hence connecting with fellow survivors can help your healing significantly. 

Have a look around, take your time to get to know our community. If you would have any questions or need some venting/chatting, us staff are always available. You can contact me or any staff member of choice through Personal Message. We are happy to assist you and company you. :notalone:

With that said, I wish you the very best and a lovely day! 

Take gentle care, W ☀️

Hi queenofsparkle.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced and the struggles you face. What happened to you was undeserved and very unfair. I am glad you found our community, tho. The members here are very understanding and kind. You are not alone.

It's ok to take your time, it's how many of us start. Getting the layout of the land and finding a comfortable footing is very important. I'm glad you are starting to feel more comfortable. 

I wish nothing but the best, as you move forward down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @queennanosparkle welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the reasons that have brought you here. I hope you find the support you need here  There are so many wonderful people here to offer suport, comfort, understanding, and to just sit with you if you need company.