Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Me?!

Hi! So, I will try to introduce myself... Don't really now what to write (and what to not write), but here goes :blush:

I am 24 years old and live in Sweden (be patient with my english). I was gangraped six years ago on my way home from my boyfriend. Even though alot of time have passed I haven't been able to move on. I still suffer from flashbacks, nightmares and I am still a coward when it comes to moving around outside in the dark (kind of problematic when you live in Sweden during the winter...).

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, I have been admitted to hospital several times and I am taking alot of meds trying to cope. I recently started a new therapy (DBT) and I have also picked up my studies again after two yeras of sick-leave. Maybe this sounds like I am on the way to recovery, but I still feel like I did six years ago. The only difference is that I am no able to cope (maybe not in the most productive ways, but anyhow...).

So how did I end up here after all these years? This week I got a letter from the police saying that the investigation regarding my rape was shut down due to lack of evidence. I feel really heartbroken, questioned and alone.

I hope I can fins the support and gudience that I need here and maybe be able to help someone else...

Thanks for reading this far...

S

:hug::hug::hug:

After having been through so much it must be shattering to find out that the people who did it aren't being investigated any more. I'm really sorry to hear that that is how things have turned out :console: . The people at this board are really special, and I am sure you will find some of the support you are looking for here. Welcome to After Silence :hug: .

Love Meg x

P. S. Your English is excellent :wink:

Hi S,

How terribly sad all of this must be for you (you so didn't deserve any of this). I'm so glad that you have begun to pick up the pieces of your life and are coping better (how incredibly brave you are for achieving this)...

I hope this site brings the things you hope for and you find the support that you need...

Brian

Hi! So, I will try to introduce myself... Don't really now what to write (and what to not write), but here goes :blush:

I am 24 years old and live in Sweden (be patient with my english). I was gangraped six years ago on my way home from my boyfriend. Even though alot of time have passed I haven't been able to move on. I still suffer from flashbacks, nightmares and I am still a coward when it comes to moving around outside in the dark (kind of problematic when you live in Sweden during the winter...).

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, I have been admitted to hospital several times and I am taking alot of meds trying to cope. I recently started a new therapy (DBT) and I have also picked up my studies again after two yeras of sick-leave. Maybe this sounds like I am on the way to recovery, but I still feel like I did six years ago. The only difference is that I am no able to cope (maybe not in the most productive ways, but anyhow...).

So how did I end up here after all these years? This week I got a letter from the police saying that the investigation regarding my rape was shut down due to lack of evidence. I feel really heartbroken, questioned and alone.

I hope I can fins the support and gudience that I need here and maybe be able to help someone else...

Thanks for reading this far...

S

welcome to AS hun ~ i'm so sorry the case was shut down, thats stinky!

i hope you find some help here xxx

lina x

Welcome, S!

You're braver than you know. Good for you for reaching out. I'm fairly new here, too. So far, I found this board and this courageous group of people very helpful and supportive. I hope you do to. Do something comforting and nice for yourself today.