Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey everyone

I’m here because my therapist said it would be a good idea. I started therapy not so long ago because here I was, 2 years after the incident, and still couldn’t understand what happened to me except that I knew something was wrong. I told her that I might have experienced sexual coercion with my date, she told me it was rape. 
I don’t know what I’m really looking for in here; maybe some support and people who can relate to my story without blaming me. 

Hey confusednotokay,

Welcome to AS.  I'm glad you found us, but sorry you have reason to be here.  You'll find lots of people who you can relate to on here (sadly!).  We each have our own story, but we are all survivors.  And there is definitely no blame.  We're just here to support each other as best we can.  I too was raped, and for a lot time I blanked it out.  It took several discussions with a T (therapist - often shortened to T on this site) to tell me I wasn't going mad and it was actually rape.  So I can relate to you.  See you around the boards.

Forest x

Hello @Confusednotokay, welcome to After Silence. I feel sure that you will find support and understanding here. We are all survivors of sexual violence and we will be able to relate to your story, nobody will blame you. You were not to blame.

Please take your time and look around the forums and I feel you will soon be aware that many of us also feel confused and very much not okay. here I hope that you will find what you need to help you heal from what has happened to you

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Confused. 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry for what you went thru 2 years ago and the struggles you still face. Many times, we do not understand...processing can be difficult, but you took a big stem to acknowledge and accept that something was wrong. It took me decades to do that. 

You will find this a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members here. Not only will you not find any blame here, but instead...validation. This is what so many survivors need, and this is the place to find it. I am glad your therapist recommended you reach out. 

Take your time and look around the site. Interact when and where you feel the most comfortable. You will find this a safe and healing place to be. 

I wish you the best as you continue your path in healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

12 hours ago, Confusednotokay said:

I’m here because my therapist said it would be a good idea. I started therapy not so long ago because here I was, 2 years after the incident, and still couldn’t understand what happened to me except that I knew something was wrong. I told her that I might have experienced sexual coercion with my date, she told me it was rape. 
I don’t know what I’m really looking for in here; maybe some support and people who can relate to my story without blaming me. 

Hello and welcome on board! I am Wanna by the way :flowers:

It was a good idea of your therapist, and a brave decision of you to take this step. Joining a community is a milestone in healing, and I am so happy you came to ours! After Silence carries a wide diversity of survivors, but we tend to relate to each other one way or another. Take your time to get to know this place. No pressure, no expectations. 

Please know that we believe you. You have nothing to be ashamed about. It is very normal to be confused, and we often fear to exaggerate. Just the feeling, that something was off, is a red flag, because consent leaves no question marks. 

Feel free to reach out any time, I am just one PM away :supportu:

Take gentle care / W ☀️

Hi confused…

I’m so glad you decided to reach out here. You will definitely find people here who will relate to what you’ve been through and there are so many who are ready to offer support, insight, and advice to help you on your healing journey.

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I think your therapist has the right idea. My T also suggested finding an online community like After Silence, and I couldn't be more grateful. It's so wonderful here. You'll find lots of supportive and friendly people. You're not alone. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. You didn't deserve it, and it wasn't your fault. I hope that being here will help you to heal. 

:supportu:

-Finchy