Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone,  I found this place looking for support. I've been a member of 1in6, that has been a real help. I'm also seeing a therapist once a week. I felt like there was more I could do for support,  mine or others. I'm 55 and have only started dealing with my early years in the last year. I'm excited to meet everyone here and see where it leads me. 

Hi Jonny,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma that you've experienced and the struggles you've endured. Abuse is never fair or deserved. I'm glad you've found support in 1in6 and are seeing a therapist...and now have joined us. Reaching out can be one of the most intimidating but healthy things to do. Recognizing self-care is important is incredibly strong. We welcome you in this additional step for your healing journey.

Feel free to look around our community and interact where it feels the most comfort. I wish you well as you continue down the path of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

I'm looking around,  so much to see. I've made o e other post, but not sure where to post next. I'm afraid of saying something wrong or too bad,it's silly I know, but it's how I feel. Thanks for the welcome. 

@Jonny

Trying to figure out where and what is something we always need to figure out. Reading it bit might help, I did much of that when I first found my way here. Other than that, many of the forums have a little description at the top. The Gathering Place and the Aftermath are active places that can handle a variety of topics, as well. If there is something you think may be triggering, we encourage you to add as many tags or trigger warnings as you deem necessary. It's the little + sign by the name you give the topic.

We do have a Share Your Story forum, as well. If you decide you want to share detailed accounts, we suggest here, altho this forum will only appear after 10 posts. 

I hope this has helped. :) 

Mary

Hi Jonny, Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is fine too. I look forward to seeing you around the site and wish you the best. 

Welcome to AS, Jonny! I'm glad you found your way here. It's wonderful you've been seeking help. I'm so sorry for what you've been through. None of your trauma was deserved or your fault. 

You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. And yes, lots of areas to post...but it's ok. Take your time. Post where you feel it's post about whatever is on your mind, and we moderators will move it if it needs moving (no worries). ❤️ Best wishes!

-Finch

On 6/26/2022 at 10:58 PM, Jonny said:

Hello everyone,  I found this place looking for support. I've been a member of 1in6, that has been a real help. I'm also seeing a therapist once a week. I felt like there was more I could do for support,  mine or others. I'm 55 and have only started dealing with my early years in the last year. I'm excited to meet everyone here and see where it leads me. 

Hello and welcome! I am Wanna, nice to meet you :flowers:

This is a great place for what you are aspiring for. After Silence carries a wide diversity of survivors, and our members are very kind. We tend to relate to each other here, and you get the chance to feel less alone. You seem to be taking your healing as high priority, which I second. I have done some therapy myself. The combination of professional help and a community is a good composition in a support system. 

We meet you wherever you might be at on your journey. You can throw me a PM any time! :aswelcomesu:

All best, W ☀️