Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

first post, eager to have support <3

hi everyone,

I'm grateful to have found this site! I'm healing from a lifetime of abuse and trauma. It's been 6 months since I cut off contact with my family/the intergenerational cult that I was raised in, and I'm excited to be free and able to heal finally! I'm transmasculine and just started my hormonal transition which I'm also very happy about! For the past few months I've been trying to make new friends, and I met a few people who are around my age (late 20s/early 30s) and also queer, which is nice, but I've been finding it really hard to feel any real connection with them. I have a wonderful therapist but not feeling comfortable opening up to anyone else feels incredibly isolating. So hoping to connect with one or more people here!

Also, could someone tell me how I might join the group for transgender survivors?

Thanks so much for reading.

-sunflowers

Edited by sunflowers88

Welcome to AS, @sunflowers88!! :aswelcomesu: I'm so glad you found your way here! And also so glad that you're free and able to start healing finally. 😄 Also hooray for starting hormones! So happy for you! I hope transition treats you well. :) I'm in my 30s, nonbinary, and ace/queer! *waves*

I'm so sorry about your lifetime of abuse and trauma. You didn't deserve any of it. :( But again, it's great that you are now free to start the healing process. AS is full of supportive people, so I'm sure you will be able to connect in some way. I hope you do anyway!

Best wishes!

-Finch

2 minutes ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS, @sunflowers88!! :aswelcomesu: I'm so glad you found your way here! And also so glad that you're free and able to start healing finally. 😄 Also hooray for starting hormones! So happy for you! I hope transition treats you well. :) I'm in my 30s, nonbinary, and ace/queer! *waves*

I'm so sorry about your lifetime of abuse and trauma. You didn't deserve any of it. :( But again, it's great that you are now free to start the healing process. AS is full of supportive people, so I'm sure you will be able to connect in some way. I hope you do anyway!

Best wishes!

-Finch

Hi Finch, thank you so much for your kind words of welcome!! So glad to be here. *waves back*!! 

Hey @sunflowers88! Welcome to AS! I am in my early 30s also. This community has been such an integral part in my healing. I'm sorry for all the abuse you have been through. I hope you find AS to be just as wonderful and supportive as I have. Sending you support and friendship! ❤️

4 minutes ago, Enigma87 said:

Hey @sunflowers88! Welcome to AS! I am in my early 30s also. This community has been such an integral part in my healing. I'm sorry for all the abuse you have been through. I hope you find AS to be just as wonderful and supportive as I have. Sending you support and friendship! ❤️

thank you @Enigma87!! I'm glad to hear this community has been an integral part in your healing, I imagine it will be for me as well based on what I've read from folx already :) grateful for your kind words!

3 hours ago, sunflowers88 said:

hi everyone,

I'm really grateful to have found this site! I'm healing from a lifetime of abuse and trauma. It's been 6 months since I cut off contact with my family/the intergenerational cult that I was raised in, and I'm excited to be free and able to heal finally!!! I'm trans and just started my hormonal transition which I'm also very happy about! For the past few months I've been trying to make new friends, and I met a few people who are around my age (late 20s/early 30s) and also queer, which is nice, but I've been finding it really hard to feel any real connection with them. I have a wonderful therapist but not feeling comfortable opening up to anyone else feels incredibly isolating. So hoping to connect with one or more people here!

Also, could someone tell me how I might join the group for transgender survivors?

-sunflowers

Welcome!! Everyone is lovely here, I hope you feel at home and start your journey to healing. I am also in my 30's and female :) x

Edited by Jazzyjojo

Hello @sunflowers88 and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

First off, I am sincerely sorry for what you have been through and your reasons to be here. We welcome all kinds of survivors with all kinds of backgrounds, and we do not judge but believe you. You own your story, please know that none of this was your fault. 

Just coming out from a lifetime of abuse and trauma must be very relieving and overwhelming at the same time. You have gained the freedom you so rightfully deserve, but also have a journey of healing ahead. You are not alone. I am happy to hear that you've found a therapist you find wonderful, professional guidance can do so much if it's a fit. There are many methods of therapy, so I am glad to hear you found one that suits your needs. 

This platform is a safe place for survivors to connect, share what they'd like and exchange advice. Our members are kind and form a wonderful support system. I personally believe professional help and a community complete each other. 

We do have a LBTQ-forum, I'll DM that to you. 

Furthermore, I wish you the very best on your healing and hope to see you around. You can DM us staff any time, whatever would be on your mind. Feel free to browse and participate. 

Once again, welcome!  :youcanheal:

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @sunflowers88 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm queer as well.  It looks like you have already gotten the password to the transgender forum but in the case you didn't just let me know and I'll get it for you.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear sunflower

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

On 2/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, sunflowers88 said:

hi everyone,

I'm grateful to have found this site! I'm healing from a lifetime of abuse and trauma. It's been 6 months since I cut off contact with my family/the intergenerational cult that I was raised in, and I'm excited to be free and able to heal finally! I'm transmasculine and just started my hormonal transition which I'm also very happy about! For the past few months I've been trying to make new friends, and I met a few people who are around my age (late 20s/early 30s) and also queer, which is nice, but I've been finding it really hard to feel any real connection with them. I have a wonderful therapist but not feeling comfortable opening up to anyone else feels incredibly isolating. So hoping to connect with one or more people here!

-sunflowers

Hi sunflowers,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you've experienced trauma in your life. This was unfair and undeserved. I'm sorry that you did not have the family you deserved, but it is brave to cut off contact with those the hurt you or hold you back. You will find much support here, as this community is filled with understanding and kind members.

Feel free to look around and interact where you are the most comfortable. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: