Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

This is me

Hello, 

My name is heather and I am 25 years old. Over the last 10 years I thought I was healing and thought i had moved past what happened to me but it wasn't until recently i realized that wasn't the case. Now I am ready and I feel like my story can really help people. My therapist told me to find support groups so here I am.  

@Survive4 hello Heather, welcome to After Silence. This is a nice place to be for support during your healing journey. I am sorry you have pain that brought you here, but we are all happy you found us.

You are not alone with things coming back to haunt you; there are many of us going through this very thing right now. I am one of them :wave:

my name is sam, its nice to meet you.

Dear surive 4

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Survive4 to After Silence.  I’m sorry to hear you are still struggling with your past abuse but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Survive4 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for the trauma you endured that brought you here. Healing is difficult and I know how hard it is when you feel like you've made so much progress, just to find yourself taking steps backwards. Just know that you are not alone here and we all want to help you in your healing journey. I know your story will help others here! I'm glad your T recommended finding groups and you found yourself here :)  

If you need anything at all, just let me know! 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Hi there,

im kinda in a similar boat. For years I thought I could just move past this but recently I’ve been talking more with my close friends and having someone to talk to has made me feel a lot better, and I thought a support system like this would help a lot. Just had my first post too!

On 1/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, Survive4 said:

Hello, 

My name is heather and I am 25 years old. Over the last 10 years I thought I was healing and thought i had moved past what happened to me but it wasn't until recently i realized that wasn't the case. Now I am ready and I feel like my story can really help people. My therapist told me to find support groups so here I am.  

Hello Heather, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for the trauma you’ve experienced, but you will find much support here. I am glad your therapist told you to reach out to a group like ours, as I find it personally very helpful to be with others who undeRstand. I wish you the best as you walk down this path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

• 3 weeks later...