Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introductions

Hi everyone, woah...this kind of feels like the opening of an AA meeting. Tbh I wish I wasn’t here, but now that I am I’m glad this site exists. I’m not really ready to talk about everything in real life yet. My incident happened seven years ago but I boxed it up and stashed it in the back of my head so quickly that I never fully realized what happened to me, until recently when that damn box exploded open. So.... here I am, and thanks everyone for having me. 

Hi 092319,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you experienced 7 years ago, but do know this site is full of supportive and understanding members. Many of a box have exploded for many of us to seek out a place like this.  I get it too...I wish you had no reason to be here, but it is a great place to not be so alone.  Validation and kindness is around every corner.

Take your time to look around. The great thing about this place is that there is no pressure. You can look, reply, chat, or post in your own time frame.

Wishing you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

4 hours ago, 092319 said:

Hi everyone, woah...this kind of feels like the opening of an AA meeting. Tbh I wish I wasn’t here, but now that I am I’m glad this site exists. I’m not really ready to talk about everything in real life yet. My incident happened seven years ago but I boxed it up and stashed it in the back of my head sickly that I never fully realized what happened to me, until recently when that damn box exploded open. So.... here I am, and thanks everyone for having me. 

Dear @092319

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome.  I wish this site didn't have to exist, but I'm glad we have a place we can feel safe and share our experiences.  It's normal for survivors to take a while to fully realize what happened. I know it can be overwhelming, but now you can begin to heal from what happened.  I hope you end up finding the site to be as helpful as I do. 

Hi, @092319 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for what happened to you and I'm sorry that box was recently opened and is haunting you. I was to assure you that you've come to the right place to seek support for this. There will be many people here that can probably relate to your story and can share their experiences with you. It has been so helpful for me to know I can always reach out here if I'm in need of support. 

If you should need anything at all, I'm here! Just a quick PM away. :)

Sitting with you and sending loads of support! 

Hugs if you want them,
Poppy