Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Seeking healing

TXAngel78

Hello, I am new to all of this, sharing especially. Honestly I have never really told my story or even faced my past. I have been married for 19 years and for 12 of those years we were serious drug users. My issues started back when I was 13 and I brought them into my marriage and continued to be destructive in so many ways. I am clean and sober for 3 years, I am more awake than I have ever been and I am ready to begin telling my story and healing myself. I have only one friend and that's my husband, I just don't trust many people. I came here hoping that I could begin to heal inside of me.

My step dad sexual abused me mentally and physically, he is in prison but not for what he did to me, for what he did to another 13 year old. My marriage is beginning to fall, ironically now that we are clean and finally opening up to what all we have done to each other. Honestly I also seek any advice and opinions that others may have, please. 

Thank you for reading and I will continue to grow within my self and pray for full healing and recovery. 

Hello @TXAngel78,

Welcome to our community!  I am so sorry your step dad abused you, you never deserved to be treated that way.   Congratulations for being sober for 3 years, that is so difficult and brave, it sounds like you are working very hard to heal and you should be proud of your efforts! I'm glad you have a husband you trust and I hope that your relationship will be able to weather the journey you are now on.  Please know we are here to listen and support you, but there is no rush to talk or share, you can take your time and have a look around here and get to know the place,  and feel free to share as much or as little as you choose.  I wish you the best in your healing and recovery,

g

Hi TXAngel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured at the hands of your stepdad, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. I commend you for being clean and sober for 3 years. It takes a lot of courage to kick such a habit. I am very glad that you have found us and decided to join. This really is a wonderful community. I wish you nothing but the best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Welcome to AS TXangel78,

You're showing great courage in joining and reaching out. Congratulations on staying clean and sober for 3 years, that is a wonderful achievement.

You've found a supportive and understanding community. Take your time looking around, post when you feel safe and ready. Wishing you all the best as you navigate your way on your healing journey.