Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new and confused

I dont know where to begin. Like the title says im new here and a bit confused. My T told me to check out AS but i feel like i dont belong here even though he says i do

Hi, @bebie95, and welcome to AS! You took the hardest step by introducing yourself. The next step is to look around and get familiar with the site. Everyone is really supportive and it’s a safe place to let things out. You can begin anywhere you like. After you get to 10 posts, you will have access to the share your story forum. You can say as much or as little as you like. :notalone: :aswelcomesu:

Hi bebie95,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. We often have T's recommending our site and I am glad yours has. If you are worried about being compared or judged on what happened to you, please don't. No matter how you perceive your trauma, if you are struggling and feel support will be beneficial to you, you are in the right place. You are accepted and know you are not alone. As Struggling suggested, take a look around to get familiar with the site. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @bebie95

Welcome to AS. Sorry for the trauma that brought you too us. I remember well not feeling like I belonged here too. Your T seems like a smart guy AS is a safe caring online environment. My T also recomended I come here a couple years ago and I am very thankful she did. The people here are very kind and caring. Take your time share at your own pace. Remember you are strong and courageous just for joining and for posting your first post here. Can't wait to see you around the forum.

hi @bebie95, I'm almost new here too and still wonder sometimes if I belong among who had such experiences or not, I haven't shared my story yet. If you aren't sure if what you experienced gives you the right to consider yourself a survivor, then don't focus on it right now. As others suggested: explore the site, roam around a little bit, and you'll find out that you have lots of thing in common with many of us. You are so welcome indeed :aswelcomesu:

I'm proud of you for making this first step :hug:(if hugs are ok)

Welcome to AS! I’m very sorry for the trauma you’ve endured.  Please know you’re not alone and have support here.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB