Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Overwhelmed

I am here because after my daughter was assaulted by a friend, life is like a horrible tv movie. Her friends have chosen sides, I have been attacked, and she can barely go to school. Have good therapists and legal advisors, but I feel more alone than I ever have in my life.

Welcome EmpressMother. I am so sorry for what happened to your daughter and for what you and your family are going through. What is happening with your daughters friends and at school is terrible. 

I am glad you found AS. I hope you find some comfort and support here. From someone who was assaulted as a teenager and did not ever dare to tell her parents, I want to tell you I think it's so valuable for your daughter that she has your support and trusted you with this. I am sure that having you on her side will be an immense help for and will allow her to heal eventually. Maybe you can hold on to that knowledge. 

7 hours ago, EmpressMother said:

I am here because after my daughter was assaulted by a friend, life is like a horrible tv movie. Her friends have chosen sides, I have been attacked, and she can barely go to school. Have good therapists and legal advisors, but I feel more alone than I ever have in my life.

Hi EmpreeMother, welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to your daughter, It is a parents worse nightmare.  Like @phoenixxx said it is good that you are supporting your daughter, not many of us have that.  We are here for you, you are not alone. I don't know if you saw the section secondry survivor , you may find that to be helpful.

12 hours ago, EmpressMother said:

Hello EmpressMother,

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry for the traumas both you and your daughter have experienced. It was not right for anyone to hurt either of you, but I am glad that you have each other. It's not easy to deal with when you are dealing with traumas for both you and your child, but it does seem that she truly has you in her corner. I wish you both well on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi, EmpressMother, and welcome! :wave: I'm so sorry for all the things you and your daughter have been through. I can't imagine my daughters going through something like that. You sound like you are an awesome mother. Stay strong, you guys will get through this. :notalone: :supportu: