Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I need help...

I was sexually assaulted but I wasn't raped or physically hurt. He didn't put his hand or fingers inside of me. He did, however, touch my waist, pulled me and started to press his body against mine to the point where I could feel his "thing" on me and would not leg go of me. He may have also attempted to touch my breast. I don't want to say I survived anything when I wasn't actually hurt. Idk if it's because I'm unsure if you're touched sexually but not raped, does that still make you a sexual assault survivor OR if it's just me not wanting to accept the fact that I was assaulted. But then I start to think "well maybe I did survive what I think would have been a rape if I didn't ask to leave when I did" I can't help but to think that if I would've stayed there just a few more mins, it would've been rape. And it scares me to think that he may stalk me or something and it definitely left me traumatized to where I get depressed at times and panic attacks. I also try to avoid going to the place where it happened. My question is: if you are touched in a sexual way but not raped or physically hurt, does that still make you a sexual assault victim/survivor?

Yes it does Music lover. I am sorry that happened to you. No one has the right to touch you in that way if you don't want them to. :aswelcomesu:

55 minutes ago, Musiclover2911 said:

I was sexually assaulted but I wasn't raped or physically hurt. He didn't put his hand or fingers inside of me. He did, however, touch my waist, pulled me and started to press his body against mine to the point where I could feel his "thing" on me and would not leg go of me. He may have also attempted to touch my breast. I don't want to say I survived anything when I wasn't actually hurt. Idk if it's because I'm unsure if you're touched sexually but not raped, does that still make you a sexual assault survivor OR if it's just me not wanting to accept the fact that I was assaulted. But then I start to think "well maybe I did survive what I think would have been a rape if I didn't ask to leave when I did" I can't help but to think that if I would've stayed there just a few more mins, it would've been rape. And it scares me to think that he may stalk me or something and it definitely left me traumatized to where I get depressed at times and panic attacks. I also try to avoid going to the place where it happened. My question is: if you are touched in a sexual way but not raped or physically hurt, does that still make you a sexual assault victim/survivor?

Hi Musiclover I am really sorry this happened to you.  Yes if you were touched in a sexually way without your consent then you were assaulted and yes you would be a victim/ survivor. You may not have been physically hurt but you were  emotionally.

This is a good site where you are not alone in your feelings.

Patricia

Hi Musiclover,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you experienced this, it was wrong. Nobody has the right to do this, without your permission. I know you are confused and hurt, but you have found a supportive place that can help you sort thru your emotions and help you find your way down a healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I felt that way for a long long time. I've found that I am a survivor, and I have gained so much perspective being here. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found us. I hope you'll find our community informative and supportive. Please feel free to share as much or as little as you like at your own pace. There's nobody here to judge you or pressure you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi, musiclover, and welcome to AS. Yes, what happened to you was a sexual assault. I'm sorry that your attacker violated your body like that. Just because you weren't physically hurt does not mean you weren't emotionally scarred as a result of the attack. Safe hugs, if okay. :console:

:notalone:

Hi, musiclover. Welcome to AS. 

I have experienced something like what you described. For me, that experience was so confusing than some of the other times to wrap my mind around what did happen & that it was not ok, that it was actually an assault because, for me, this time it was "just ..." or "only ..." & "it was not r*". But it was still not ok.

He may not have hurt you physically, but what he did was not ok & it was assault. You have a right to be heard, you have a right to not be ok with what he did, you have a right to feel however you do in response & you have a right to want to heal. 

Welcome to AS.  

I'm sorry that you had to experience that but you have found a wonderful place here which provides unconditional support. 

I asked myself those questions so often and I have found that here I'm believed and trusted and you will be too. 

Good luck with the healing process, it will take time. 

:hug:if okay. 

:aswelcomesu: